Randomly turning on and off

tomwelling

As title says, the power switch basically it's useless. The console doesn't respond to inputs and sometimes it turns on by itself. And if I spam press the switch it doesn't turn off, maybe it turns off later randomly.

Now I wanted to sell this console but I can't do it because of this problem. I searched on internet and I found only people with the randomly turning off, no one mentioned an automatic turn-on.

Thanks for any help, greetings :)

Any help guys? This is driving me nuts. I disassembled the DS like 20 times already, checking fuse L1 and L2, I even soldered (shorted) them even if they were working. Nothing changed.
I checked again the ribbon cable in front LCD, it's clean and okay, I checked the 330 ohm resistor placed near the screen (to let the console run without the upper screen), it's well soldered to the board and doesn't touch with anything.
I am literally desperate, I don't even know where to look at, and what could be the problem, I have 0 clues. Now I charged the battery and while I'm writing this, the DS is on the shelf turning on/off by itself since 10 minutes. It runs for 4-6 seconds then it reboots randomly, sometimes it reloads fast, and sometimes it stays black for many seconds, before the screen turning on succesfully.
It's complete non sense and I feel so hopeless.

Have you tried getting a hold of some contact cleaner and cleaning the Heck out of the switch?
Have you tested the switch at all? You seem to be unafraid of removing components, maybe try pulling the switch completely off and see if the problem persists.

Yep I cleaned the switch it looked fine to me but I didn't desolder it completely.
It's what I will do today then, thanks for the tip!

Switch faulty. You're my man :D
Soldered one from another ds and it's working perfectly! Now I need to buy some, just in case.
That's weird because I got all kind of problems with these DSLite but the switch randomly working was something new and so strange
Thanks again!

Back