Radica vs Genesis 3?

neverused

I was was wondering what the dimensions are for the Radica pcb and the Genesis 3 pcb. I know the Radica is smaller, but it does not have perfect compatibility with a cart slot, whereas the Genesis 3 seems to be quite a bit larger, but would not have compatibility issues...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Really? Other than the 32x, is there a longer list for lack of compatibility compared to the Radica?

Also:

Can the Radica accept a six button controller? I've never actually owned or played a Genesis much (I grew up a loyal PlayStation guy), but I was wondering if I would have any issues as I would like to use a 6 button controller.

And... does anyone know what the current draw is the Radica?
NVM, I found it:
Radica: 6v
Current draw: 60mA
Approximate battery life: 10.5 hours

Well I just bought a G3 and a Radica anyways, so I'll decide later which one to use. Though in all honesty, if I can make the Radica work with a cart slot, that's the one I'll use.

neverused said:
Well I just bought a G3 and a Radica anyways, so I'll decide later which one to use. Though in all honesty, if I can make the Radica work with a cart slot, that's the one I'll use.
Like all "on-a-chip" devices, the Radica has compatibility issues, however, they are not as bad as some NOAC's out there. The G3 will work with more games then the Radica, however.

Back