Quick Question

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
I've been charging my batteries for about 10 minutes, so I turned on the guts to see if they work, but the screen acted as if it were getting a signal, but it went pure white and didn't do anything else but show up white and make a high-pitched noise. Is this normal for batteries only charged for 10 minutes, or is this a sign that something's wrong?

I think I fixed the problem, but before I could test, I heard a crack-like sound on the left side of the screen and now it won't work. Is it possible that I fried it, or did something go wrong with the mobo?

ALSO, not only do I need someone to answer me, my charger has been going for about 18.5 hours, and the light on it still hasn't turned green. What gives?

I would ask sp, he has or had those batteries before and used them i believe. Sorry things aren't working well, idk what to say since i bought them from pkmnjunky7 and never had the chance to use them.

What batteries are these?

Is the screen LED modded?

How loud is the high pitched noise?

If it is not LED modded, that high pitched noise, if it's quietish, is probably the backlight transformer. It always does that.

That crack may have been the CCFL breaking, open the screen casing and look. Wear gloves and a gas mask or something lol, but not really, you ought be fine. Just don't breathe in too much and don't handle flax directly if the bulb may have leaked on it. Or something like that.

snowpenguin said:
What batteries are these?
7.4v Li-Pos. I'm not sure what the mAh are, ask nobble. He sold them to me. He said you've worked with them before.

Is the screen LED modded?
No.

How loud is the high pitched noise?
Not too loud

If it is not LED modded, that high pitched noise, if it's quietish, is probably the backlight transformer. It always does that.
Ok, that's probably what it is.

That crack may have been the CCFL breaking, open the screen casing and look. Wear gloves and a gas mask or something lol, but not really, you ought be fine. Just don't breathe in too much and don't handle flax directly if the bulb may have leaked on it. Or something like that.Ok, I'll check. And I assume that if the CCFL breaks, the screen doesn't work, it's not like a doesn't-light-up-but-still-shows-picture-and-sound kind of thing?

If the CCFL breaks, the screen should still work fine, you'll just need to replace the bulb or LED mod the screen.

Power the screen from a different power source, and plug something in. Shine a light through the back of the lcd once it's out of the light box and see what happens.

If the screen's not lighting up, it's the CCFL.
If you're not planning on LED modding it, I have a couple bulbs if you need one.

Back