Questions about WiiKey and SD Gecko

Hey, new to the forum but have a couple questions for my next portable.

My first portable was essentially a stock GC with the DD and everything but my second one is using a WASP fusion as I would like it to be significantly smaller. I have never used a fusion before and would like a bit of help.

If using a Fusion do I still need a memory card to save games? Or can I save them directly onto the SD card.

When loading games onto my Fusion can I just use regular old .rar or .iso files like what dolphin uses?

What is the point of an SD Gecko and is it worth wiring one into my portable, what functions does it have? How would I go about using it.

Is there a noobs guide to these pieces of things anywhere? I really have very little idea of what I software and hardware I need and what I need to know.

EDIT: Also, what is Swiss and should I use it???

You need a Memory card.

To just play games you need a wiikey fusion and its sd card slot.

Use wbfs manager on your PC to load .iso games on your SD card (it has to be formated through the wbfs manager first)

First and foremost you need to flash your wkf with 1.5 update (search the sickies for a guide)

An SD guecko is a way to use a SD card on the memory card slots of the GC. You can communicate to he SD guecko through Swiss, which is a piece of software you boot from the SD card in the WKF, like you would a regular game. You can load homebrews and stuff from it. You can also use it as your OS for the WKF to play games with more compatibility.

Hope I summed it up right.

Read and re-read the stickies

Back