Question About Hooking Up Power Switch?

Which Pins Do You Attach To Your Power Switch?

83428574.png

It's great that you're asking questions but for future reference try to just ask them in one thread instead of starting a new topic for each question you have :p

Regarding your question, if you wire 1&2, 3&4, etc. Your n64 mobo will stay permanently on if that's what you mean. If you mean the actual switch that you'll use to turn your portable on and off, that switch attaches to the positive line coming from your batteries. Use a dpdt switch and shockslayers wiring guide (found in the mega sticky) if you want charge and play, otherwise you cause use a spdt for charge OR play (there's a diagram on my madebybacteria worklog I think)

EDIT: forgot he's not making a portable... move along people, nothin' to see here :D

O ya forgot to mention that, so now that its not a portable my question is how to hook up a alternate switch other then the one that is originally on the board.

Original Switch
68174397.png

To A Switch Like This One.
yhst1283549615128372200.gif

ProgMetalMan said:
He's not making a portable. That information will not help him.

yeah, i remembered soon after posting my answer that he was the one working on the custom led modded case for his n64, but didn't have access to a computer to edit my post :p

anyhoo, excited to see this done cause it sounds pretty neat!

Like hooker said, you need some sort of DPST or DPDT switch, wired so that in the on position creates a closed circuit between pins 1/2 and 7/8. The switch you want will have either 4 or 6 electrical contacts.

I thought you said you are using the original power supply in your other thread?

alonefarmer said:
Just Getting Some Ideas For A Project I Wanna Do, Hoping To Change The Original 64 Case With A Smaller Case Adding In Some LED's Taking Stock Heat-sink out And Adding New One With Fan. With Out Changing The Power Supply Or Video Connections. I Also Meant To Say I'm New At All Of This Just Read And Watched a Bunch Of Info & Videos.

I guess I'm just wondering what you're planning on using batteries for?

well at first some of the things to make a portable seem'd complicated so i didn't wanna attempt to make a portable, now as more reading and watching videos its looks easier then i thought to make a portable. now i'm just trying to get a little more knowledge on the battery and some other things i might come across that i didn't read or see.

mAh is the battery's capacity.
Basically, if a battery has 1000 mAh, and whatever it's powering draws one amp (1000mA), the batteries will last an hour.

Read the voltage megastickies and topics. Li-Ion is a good choice, although I'd recommend Li-Po's, which are smaller but more dangerous.
You can get parts including batteries, chargers, and protection circuits at batteryspace.com.

On an N64? 7.4V.
Before asking a question, read the megastickies. They'll often have the answer, a lot more information, and save you from getting disliked because of stupid questions.

Back