[QQcube] Danaerus First GCP

Danaerus

Hey, Danaerus here. I've been lurking and actually asking questions about things that I was trying to understand and I found so many great answers on the modretro forums! You guys are wonderful and I appreciate the help! So I decided to make a worklog... hehe I'm a newbie so I doubt it would surprise you. :awesome:

So yeah here is a rough draft of what i'm aiming for... Only the front though.... The back is a secret I'll show later on.
RoughDraft_zps90c0c31b.png

Here is what I got done already...

Disassembled my gamecube controller..
IMG_4532_zps3fb9e47c.jpg

Removed the serial ports at the bottom of the gamecube mobo, Also I wired my power regulator up :)
IMG_4533_zps267216b3.jpg

The case I'm going to be using, yes... its pretty thick I know, but It's all part of what I'm planning to do in the back since I'm not going to be using a Wiikey!
IMG_4531_zps803995ae.jpg

Since I got a big case, and lots of room to actually spare, Might as well use these :)
IMG_4534_zpsfe609a77.jpg

My 7" TFT color monitor
IMG_4536_zpsc972bc41.jpg

I got a video that I'm uploading that I will put up as soon as It finishes :awesome:
Thanks for all the support and I hope you guys will enjoy this.

Re: [To be named] Danaerus First GCP worklog

Here is the video I said I was going to put up. :)
Its just talking about how I solved my audio issue.... (Still don't understand what happen to my Power regulator, but... meh I got It working and I'm happy! :D

Re: [To be named] Danaerus First GCP worklog

Update: Gamecube controller ports 2 and 1 not working but 3 and 4 are.... :( I don't know whats wrong, but aside from that, I got my Audio and Video wired up though :D
Here is a video for you guys.

Is there any other way to solder straight to the board for the controller other than this method?
cuadrofrontalua9.png

I can't get to the soldering points with this method because I want to keep my memory card slots in place inside the portable, so I cannot reach the spot that I need to solder to. I was just wondering If anyone could assist me with this issue? It would be much appreciated thanks :)

Wow thanks! I really just skimmed through that at the bottom and was kinda confused, then after double checking it i understood what you meant. Thanks alot man :) will get to soldering to the board after i send and receive my commissioned controller board from gman :D :D :D :D

First case was ruined lol, tried doing something for the screen hole and ruined it. Going by Radioshack tomorrow to get another one. 8$ down the drain... well nvm I can use the remaining parts of the case for practice :p

Back