PSX Portable

Spoleyo

So I've been involved in the portablizing community for about 5 years and have never actually built my own, and it frustrates me every day. So today, I set off on putting together a little psx portable out of some supplies I have laying around the house. I didn't get much progress done today as my soldering iron is falling apart, but I am stuck at home with mononucleosis for god knows how long and I'll be able to put plenty of work into it. I most likely will get the soldering iron tomorrow as well as some tools for the casework. It's not going to be anything special but it's definitely a good test of the knowledge I have attained over the past few years.

The only reason the cases are back on is to preserve the mobos until I get my new iron. I've become a bit of a neat freak and hate having mobos laying around everywhere like I used to, but yes I just wired power, video and audio to the screen and everything is working perfect. *knocks on wood*

Pics:

image_zpsf35e719d.jpg

image_zps3f69b83d.jpg

Spoleyo

Thanks Mawiie!

Quick update: Not gunna have the time to get a new soldering iron today so I'm working on my battery game. I have a few options. I have a pack of about 12 small cells in series with a 7.2V 5000mAh reading. I also have two pairs of larger cells (4 cells) that in pairs give off 7.4V 5000 mAh, wired in parallel. I feel it doesn't matter which I choose, the question is more in the pcb. Neither had one upon opening the packs, but I have a spare one laying around with LED battery indicators and the works, I'm just not too sure how to wire it. I will upload some pics in a little bit, any help is appreciated.

Spoleyo

Some pics of the PCB:

image_zpscba01484.jpg

image_zps23bf0ce3.jpg

image_zpsd530a658.jpg

image_zps45126d75.jpg

Sorry for the poor focus, but does anyone think they see how to wire this thing?

Spoleyo

no, sorry but a couple of questions:
1 where did you get that PCB from?
2 is that a PCB for battery's?(I'm pretty sure it is but just checking)
3 Is it made for some specific battery's(e.g. Camcorder Battery's or something)
4 What are the second and third PCB's for?

I never had time to update this yesterday, but the first two images are a battery indicator circuit, and have nothing to do with protecting the batteries from over charging or over discharging etc. the second and third pic are mobos for another device that I kept in the same pile, and mistakingly thought they were all together! So I am going to use the indicator circuit, but I am going to order a 2S2P 7.4V protection circuit today for my batteries. They aren't going to give me much battery life, but I have them laying around so I might as well use them.

Spoleyo

Back