ps3 laptop questions

Hey guys, I have never attempted a physical mod before, but have a bit of spare time and 4 ps3s layin around so I figured why the heck not. Im also in the Navy so when I get done with my schools in about a year it may come in handy as well.

Anyway, My main question is pretty much how to build the case. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest solution possible.I do not have access to many tools, I have a cordless drill, heat gun and thats about it at the moment. I'm just curious if there are any ways to make a relatively decent case without molding, machining or any other extremely expensive processes. I do have autocad and proengineer so I could draw up the design if I had to have someone else build the case for me, but what type of process would be the least expensive?

My uncle has an oxy-acetylene and TIG welding setup in his garage so I was thinking of having him build me a very basic box attached with a hinge to another box with a screen section cut out box, but If im gonna try to add speakers and buy a LED display id rathr have it look nice.

Well vacuum forming a case for something like this will flex a lot without an internal skeleton. SO either find a briefcase (like I'm am) or, Pelican cases are your friend. But they're expensive so do some looking around first then if you need to decide which case is better.

Do pelican case like he said, especially for the field your in (Theyr waterproof, and solid) Just use industrial strength velcro to attach parts, not drilling holes with screws (Unless you velcro a second floow in there that can have screws)

But making an open top cd changer (Open top would be like a gamecube) is difficult and prevented me from using a pelican case, but it has been done. So if you have 4 you could try to do it, or make it so the whole thing looks nice in the package and the dvd drive is lose so you can pick it up at an angle and put a disk in

Back