Projector advice

R00man

Ok so my science teacher is a :dahroll: and was throwing away his old projector because the bulb needs to be replaced(same teacher who thinks Wi-Fi is Wi-Five) But any way its a Proxima Ultralight DS2, and I was wondering what I can do with it. I would like to get it functioning as a projector again but cant find a reasonable price for a replacement lamp. hailraizer bequeath me your knowledge.

Hailrazer will probably tell you to spend $250 on a lamp rather than $250 + $10 for a metal halide ballast and lamp.

Except then replacement bulbs would only be $10.

So uh.

Ya.

I was also wondering if i could like bi-pass the auto turn off function for when the bulb goes bad. The on-screen says replace bulb system will turn off in 2 minutes, surely there is a point for the auto turn off but If the bulb can display that than the bulb obviously isn't dead

Well on some projectors you can bypass the sensor and put in a different lamp, but on a lot you can't.

But there is this guy in China I think he goes by YWH or something like that. And he does retrofit bulbs that plug in to the same holder and are much cheaper.

Reach him on this thread :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-proj ... place.html

Post your question and then PM him your question and he will most likely find you a much cheaper replacement. Tell him you know jonjandran from Lumenlab forums and he may remember me and help you out a bit more :)

Back