Project: Jak Legacy

Urkman1

First off, Hi, I'm Urkman1. I came over here from the Iso Zone. I like Emulation and will be interested in making a N64p sometime. But, this isn't the forum for that. Anyways, I made a post on the Iso Zone called "Idea!" Here's what it says (Not everything applies here):

"I don't think this can go anywhere else. Maybe the Homebrew section? :eek:
Anyways, I have a Idea, a project, that I'd like to get the help of some of the Zoners.
Most of you know of a game call Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and know there's a multiplayer Mod that can be downloaded from this site. Now, when I saw this two things popped in my mind. One, this game looks cool and I'll play it sometime. And Two, What if something like this was made for Jak 2?"
:confused:
"Now, I know something like that takes a lot of time, and a lot of people. But, I would be willing to help with some of the things for this Mod of the game. Two main things would be required. A) Jambo's help, B) People who can program and animate. I can create a few Maps, and rip Jak 2 (As soon as I'm told how...) and Jak 3. Once I get the okay from a few people, and help from at least 9 other people, this project can get under way. Please comment and share your thought's and idea's.
If this should be in the Homebrew section, or some other one, I am truly sorry, but I don't know if it fits in any other place."
After receiving only two replies to that post, I decided to send PM's to some of my friends there who might have been interested. One told me they would help in a little while, after they looked into some things about coding, one told me that it would take a skilled, devoted team to do this, but that he couldn't help, and to check some other gaming forum's. I still haven't heard back from the rest.

And that's what brings us right here, right now. I require help for this project. I can create Maps, and provide a rip of Jak II, Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (All required for the project...), what I cannot do at the moment: Script/ Code, take split Iso's files to find necessary components... Sadly at the moment, I have almost zero knowledge of all that technical stuff that is required. However, I am willing to learn (As long as there isn't too much math involved)... We have two on board for this project. I realize that at least 8-9 people are needed. 18-19 more people would be great. We can use the chat or PM's here to talk, if your on board... Or the group, chat or PM's on the Iso Zone (I've seen you fellow Zoner's here :cool: ) Please let me know if your are interested. Thanks for reading. If there is something wrong with this post PLEASE let me know so I can change it.

Funny, I just started playing MTA not too long ago.

Anyway, the reason MTA and SA:MP work so well is mainly because the game is on PC, so it's much easier to modify. To do the same on a PS2 game like Jak 2 would be a tremendous effort and much more difficult.

Zero said:
Funny, I just started playing MTA not too long ago.

Anyway, the reason MTA and SA:MP work so well is mainly because the game is on PC, so it's much easier to modify. To do the same on a PS2 game like Jak 2 would be a tremendous effort and much more difficult.
Sadly, that's what I've been told by a lot of people on both sites...
Would it be possible to use the same programming emulator's use to convert it?

Don't quote me on this, but once it's been compiled and made for PS2, you have a pretty big challenge on your hands.

ProgMetalMan said:
Don't quote me on this, but once it's been compiled and made for PS2, you have a pretty big challenge on your hands.
urdum
265px-PCSX2.png

I think what you need to do first is download a Jak 2 ISO and recompile it to a .exe file. Then, load it into one of the emulators and turn on debug mode. From there you should be able to edit some of the code to allow server communication. It's that simple really.

Bush said:
I think what you need to do first is download a Jak 2 ISO and recompile it to a .exe file. Then, load it into one of the emulators and turn on debug mode. From there you should be able to edit some of the code to allow server communication. It's that simple really.
:eek:
One problem, PCSX2 doesn't run (very well) on my crap-top.

You could download PS2player, it's an open source emu that doesn't require a lot of power to run.

It's currently in beta and is unfortunately only available on the deep web. You'll need to get the Tor browser to access the site.

Back