Powering my GCP

Prandy

Hi all, I've been trawling through the internet and tonnes of threads and have come up with this circuit to power my GCP:
photoooo.jpg

If I'm right this will give me 10Ah 7.4v; a lot of play time, charge and play, low battery indicator and custom regulators to support the 7.4v. What I'm not sure about is the direct power from the wall, Zenloc says the regulators will work up to something like 18v so having the original Gamecube to power during plugged in play should be ok right? What I'm fairly sure is wrong is how to wire up the negative part of the 12v DC adapter.
I'd just like to run this past more experienced eyes before I commit to buying a load of stuff :)

Thanks
Prandy

Why is there a resistor in series with main power? I don't think it should be there, it's supposed to be between power and the LED. Other than that, it looks okay but I'm not that experienced with the GC so I couldn't say for certain.

That's a good point actually, that's down to me blindly copying the image on the forums. It should indeed be on the vertical branch with the LED. Thanks

I've changed a fair few things around to have the low battery indicator actually work now, and have included an internal charge module to allow charging and play at the same time both off the official Gamecube DC supply (rated at 3.25A so it should be enough). If this is correct it should allow normal play off the batteries and when the DC supply is plugged in, it will charge the batteries regardless of switch configuration (need to be careful not to charge and discharge the batteries simultaneously). Also flipping the switch the other way should allow play direct from the DC supply while still charging the batteries

gcppowersupply.png

Let me know if there's any mistakes please and I'll update the drawing :)

Thanks
Prandy

I'd changed a lot since the old post and just decided to update the post. I'm pretty happy with this. Now I need to summon the courage to spend $90 on postage to the UK xD

Back