Possibly smallest PS2?

Tchay said:
can i have it? I could use it to scan layers. If you could fit it in a large envelope, then it would only cost like 50 cents at most :p

pweeeze

Did you ever end up getting this and taking a look-see?

The Japanese PS2 is the size of a PS2 slim with a built-in voltage convertor. Wonder if that would be much smaller...

Tchay said:
Well theres a little spark growing in me.

But need to finish up my next 3 or 4 portable gamecubes first.

Motherboards usually go for around 25 online.

First off, what is the revision we need to be getting. The one that is the smallest and best for disc free loading. That way anyone reading this thread will know where to start with their experimenting.

Its not that hard to get the board to a 5"x5" square (just from looking at the pictures.

If we can...
- get board down to 4" = sifuf sized portable
- get board down to 3" = PSvita sized portable
- get board less than 3" = psp sized portable

I'd be up for donating enough money via paypal for you to buy a mobo or two if you were interested in trimming them Tchay. I'm sure others would chip in too ;)

I would chip in.

No real reason, I don't give a *Can'tSayThisOnTV* about PS2, but I have some money and I like Tchay, sooo

Oh right. This. I'm busy doing some minor repairs on the envison (just controls), but after that I might do some layer scans. Ganna need the motivation to sand it down though....

Not busy anymore. Beat Twilight Princess.

PS2 time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStatio ... 1c250be320

^ anyone know if this revision is a small board and works with USB???

I'm not scanning the board Bud sent because it has too much ripped off it. I want a full clean board. I have things in the mail as we speak.

You can find some amazing deals if you know where to look online. Just got a slim board for $25 shipped at this random little website. And found some other great deals on ebay and craigslist. I should have 3 or 4 working PS2 slims at my disposal in the next week or two. :cool:

The smallest motherboard that is compatible with USB to my knowledge is the 79001 PS2 mobo series. The 9000x series is smaller, but I don't think it's compatible with USB. But the 75001 you have in the link isn't a "small" mobo. Look for 79001 PS2 Slims.

Holy bump batman, but on topic, so whatever.

As for the motherboards, I've been meaning to get my paws on a 9xxxx series, but I haven't actually done it yet, so can't comment.

Can't recall how much smaller/bigger a 9000x is compared to the 7900x. they are both compatible with USB loaders, although they all suffer from the slow speed of the USB 1.1 ports. Also the newer 9000x with bios 230 no longer works with FMcB as mentioned before.

If using these boards without a disc drive in a portable, I would think about adding a wireless bridge for home network loading. Or throwing in a small computer/router capable of SMB like a raspberry.

Back