"Portable" solderfree wii mod?

So i'd like to make a portable wii, (portable like the ps one was portable, not handheld, just mobile). My current problem is the screen.... i need a system that will allow me to display the game without disrupting the base system (as i'd like to be able to play it on my bigger screen at home without much fiddling. I've looked at a few solutions but so far nothing has me....sold per say. i'd like not to spend more than 70 bucks if thats possible, and i'd like a screen between 5 and 10 inches (bigger the better). i've thought of using portable dvd players as an option but so little info is out there on weather or not any given one would have an av input, so buying something without knowing is out of the question. i thought of semihacking a ps one screen, but again, i have no soldering skills or tools and frankly i'd like to keep things simple here. one other thing i've looked into is the "HDMI 4 Pi". a raspbery pi addon that incorperates an hdmi based screen, problem is price and i don't want to spend that much on something that might not work.

the last idea i had was the use of an app, a usb cable, and some clever wiring to convert my phone into a usb monitor. this however has been a fruitless venture as no information on anything of this caliber has been documented. if anybody here has some suggestions for a simple portable screen setup for me, i'd love to hear your thoughts!

p.s. sorry for the word blurbs, just got off a graveyard shift and am tired as frak XD

I suggest checking the stickies and doing a bit of googling before trying to make a post. Info on basics like this is redily available on the forums. But we all have to start somewhere. I don't mind helping out, but try doing a little looking on your own before you post.

As for your project, you aren't being very clear with what you want the end result to be. TFT LCDs are the keywords you are looking for. Ones designed for use with a rear view camera for assistance backing up in cars are the cheapest option.

Here is one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SLDF7 ... ref=plSrch

For the quick and dirty solution, you could use the adhesive stand and just stick it onto the top of the Wii and lay it horizontal, or glue it to the side without the stand and do verticle. Keep in mind there isn't a clean way to make this omlet without breaking open some eggs. You also will need a way to play the sound, as these screens do not have sound

I can't find it for the life of me, but I saw a really cool mod which had a screen put right into the side of the wii... Only problem is the disc drive (I believe) had to be removed, keeping just its board so USB loaders could be used...

I do recommend learning to solder. It's not that difficult, and you can get by with a cheap $5 iron from Walmart (made by 3m; it's in the automotive section).

Back