Portable N64 vs. Portable GC

The tittle pretty much says it all, I really don't want to butcher my perfectly good 64, but I don't know which one would be easier a 64P or a GCP. Thanks for your input.

mako321 said:
64p is easier, but GCp has Metroid Prime.
Mako's just hatin' 'cuz '64 ain't got a Metroid game.

I prefer N64 over GCN, for the games, but 64 is WAY easier to portable-ize; it also has much more resourses, whether it be on , MODDEDbyBACTERIAsucks, or BenHeck.

Nintendo 64 is the most popular console to portable-ize, by far.

N64P is easier. Gamecube has 4 voltages, disc drive, high amp draw, and gets toasty

If this is your first portablizing, don't try to do a gamecube, n64's are way easier.

I'm doing a SNES for my first with built in Super Metroid, since it's all I play on the snes right now anyways :p
But yeah, lack of metroid is big. It would've just been a flop anyways, though.

ToastBucket said:
Tchay said:
N64P is easier. Gamecube has 4 voltages, disc drive, high amp draw, and gets toasty

Yes? :p

You get up karma for having a cool name.

topic...
You can definitely start with a GCP. But its a painful process. The worst part for me was waiting for parts to come in the mail. And it sucks when you are in the middle of soldering and realize you need something and have to jump on ebay to get it.

Living near a hardware store would be a plus.

mako321 said:
I'm doing a SNES for my first with built in Super Metroid, since it's all I play on the snes right now anyways :p
But yeah, lack of metroid is big. It would've just been a flop anyways, though.
Ive been thinking about that too, would it be possible to use one of those Retro duo systems on ebay to make a snes portable?

Tchay said:
ToastBucket said:
Tchay said:

Yes? :p

You get up karma for having a cool name.

topic...
You can definitely start with a GCP. But its a painful process. The worst part for me was waiting for parts to come in the mail. And it sucks when you are in the middle of soldering and realize you need something and have to jump on ebay to get it.

Living near a hardware store would be a plus.
thanks

You can start with a GCp, but it's generally not a good idea. If you have a supply of cheap GameCubes, and like the GameCube more, then go for it.

Royal said:
mako321 said:
64p is easier, but GCp has Metroid Prime.
Mako's just hatin' 'cuz '64 ain't got a Metroid game.

I prefer N64 over GCN, for the games, but 64 is WAY easier to portable-ize; it also has much more resourses, whether it be on , MODDEDbyBACTERIAsucks, or BenHeck.

Nintendo 64 is the most popular console to portable-ize, by far.
whats up with everyone hating bacteria?

Back