portable jaguar

EVIL NOD

here is my jaguar portable.
dscf1545j.jpg

dscf1547q.jpg

The screen looks too small, but other than that it looks nice! Where's the worklog?

spent the last 3 months bidding on every sony ps1 screen on ebay but was out bid at the last moment :cry4: :evil2: .
did not trim the board there is a lot of stuff at the side's so did not try. a worklog with pics to follow
XCVG said:
Wolfenstein is the best game on the Jaguar, for sure!
yeh spent all night play it.

EVIL NOD said:
spent the last 3 months bidding on every sony ps1 screen on ebay but was out bid at the last moment :cry4: :evil2: .
did not trim the board there is a lot of stuff at the side's so did not try. a worklog with pics to follow
XCVG said:
Wolfenstein is the best game on the Jaguar, for sure!
yeh spent all night play it.

Hey, I never said that!

Also, there *are* other screens out there, though a lot of them are crap and/or expensive. From what I've heard the screenpad is quite nice, but pretty small.

2.5 inch screen, right? Can't be too bad - it's the size of a DS Lite's screen. May look a little funky though on such a big system. Nowadays you can get a 7 inch screen off of dealextreme for the price of an official PS1 screen.

Oh, so those funky cartridges at my local game store are Jaguar cartridges? I thought it was CD based! :eek:

J.D said:
2.5 inch screen, right? Can't be too bad - it's the size of a DS Lite's screen. May look a little funky though on such a big system. Nowadays you can get a 7 inch screen off of dealextreme for the price of an official PS1 screen.

Oh, so those funky cartridges at my local game store are Jaguar cartridges? I thought it was CD based! :eek:
If I recall my Angry Video Game Nerd correctly, the jaguar had a CD add-on that looked like a toilet.

EVIL NOD said:

Try bidding on psone console+screen auctions. Those are usually cheaper for some reason. :confused:

Anyway, looks great!

have added my worklog in my Other Systems thread :D
can not do a video yet my camera and laptop are not friends at the moment and will not tallk to each other.

J.D said:
2.5 inch screen, right? Can't be too bad - it's the size of a DS Lite's screen

Just to correct, the DS original and DS Lite both have 3.0" LCDs. The GBA has a 2.9" LCD. And the DSi has a 3.25" screen.

That is all. :awesome:

Any chance you might be able to get your hands on a PSone screen? I bet it would fit fine!

Basement_Modder said:
PalmerTech said:
Basement_Modder said:
themadhacker said:
so wait. how big is the game gear's screen?
3.2 inches

Maybe the panel is, but the viewable screen area is only 3".
3.2 is what Sega always claimed. Just one of the generic facts I carry around in my head. ;)

True, but much like how CRT monitor makers called 18" viewable area screens 19" screens, they lied. ;) Even today, most 28" LCD monitors only have a 27.5" viewable area.

Back