Portable Gamecube [WIP]

Andy9909

Hello everyone! I am new her to these forums and an up and coming modder, (If thats the right way to say it) I have done a project before. I softmodded a nintendo Wii console. I have been wanting to make a portable GameCube for some time now and after reading all of the great modders here on this forum, Im gonna do it! I just have one question, I am following Kasar's GameCube portable tutorial. I understand everything, however I don't want a disc drive for my portable which make things harder over all. So my question is, what can I do to replace it? I know a little about the Wasp fusion and loading from an SD card, I just need to understand a couple of things. Also, where I could buy these parts? Again thank you so much guys! This forum is really awesome!! The tutorials are so easy to understand and the admins and community are so helpful! :D

edit: Also, from Kasar's tutorial it says for the controller wiring that to wires need to go to the + and - of the bios battery but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hello, Andy. I'm also new to modding, and was looking to make a portable gamecube. Maybe we could help eachother out?

As to the wasp fusion, I am also going to use one. I found a website (eurasia something) that is selling them for $30. They seem legit, so I'm going to order mine today. It seems pretty straight forward. If you're looking for it, I googled "wasp fusion for sale" and it was the first result.

I don't know how I'm going to do the controller, but I'm probably going to try to keep it as intact as possible (maybe only relocating the left joystick and the d-pad, and then keeping as much of the rest of it together as possible. It's probably going to be a "cross that bridge when I get there" type of thing.

My question is about the battery. I assume we would have to wait until last to pick one out so we can calculate the power needed. I can't seem to find much about what other modders have used though. I assumed I'd be using the kind of battery that looks like a little silver pouch, but when I try to find one I mostly get rechargeable AA's.

It would be great to have someone who runs into the same problems as me, so that we can both learn from it :p

Back