http://tinycartridge.com/post/400067646 ... e-mainline

tumblr_mgb2t41xsS1qzp9weo12_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mgb2t41xsS1qzp9weo15_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mgb2t41xsS1qzp9weo13_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mgb2t41xsS1qzp9weo7_r2_500.gif

3D POKEMON

EXCITED

YOU?

Dafuq? Didn't they just have a new generation like a year ago? Whatever, I'm excited.

About time they did a real 3D one, although adding even more Pokemon again is dumb.

Majora said:
Dafuq? Didn't they just have a new generation like a year ago? Whatever, I'm excited.
Closer to 2 years ago, since Black and White 2 were the same Generation as Black and White.

3D pokemon! discussssss

So Ninty is release 2 brand new 3D pokemon games on the 3DS in October.

Looks like they are sticking with the cartoon feel of the 2D games. Probably a safe move considering the fanbase. I personally would have loved a realistic style artwork, but it still looks good.

I pretty much never played any pokemon games yet this seemed pretty cool. I like when classic 2D series finally go 3D. A lot can go wrong in the process, but Nintendo has been great at it (metroid's first 3D game was a 10 on IGN, mario 64 was....mario 64, starfox 64 was just awesome, Ocarina of Time, need I say more?).

Only series I can think of that just failed at 3D was Castlevania, and I think thats because it lacked direction and they steered to far off course from the roots of the series, dividing the fanbase. Castlevania peaked at Aria and Dawn of Sorrow. Been downhill since then.

I sure hope we get a new 3D zelda game (instead of a 2D remake) and a new 3D metroid game.

Pokemon will be interesting again when I can tell them "DODGE AND COUNTERATTACK" and they *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in' do it.

Looks neat though, I quit after HG/SS because *Can'tSayThisOnTV* pokemon sucks up a lot of time.

SS

Re: 3D pokemon! discussssss

I thought spamalot was for nonesense. People keep posting legitimate topics there -_- I saw no mention of pokemon 3D in the forum 47. And I don't usually look in spamalot for serious discussions.

Re: 3D pokemon! discussssss

AfroLH said:
Every time, Tchay.

:p

Yeah yeah, so why do you post in spamalot so much? Its against the rules to post authentic threads in there ya know.

I don't mind the addition of new pokemon as long as they're mostly more of the style of the first two gens. Them pokemans was classics. No more Ice Cream Cones, jagged fur everywhere, and abstract picassomons.

ShockSlayer said:
I quit after HG/SS because *Can'tSayThisOnTV* pokemon sucks up a lot of time.
The only way I'll play it anymore is on VisualBoyAdvance. I run it at 200% and use the "speed" button to fly through battles. I can't imagine who thought the normal speed was fast enough, feels like a slug to me now.

Hopefully they'll do a 3D remake of Red/Blue like Fire Red. Might even buy a 3DS if that happens.

I personally get the feeling this game will be a pokemon "world," doesn't seem crazy to me that we might get to revisit existing regions, makes more sense to me than re-releasing red and blue (as much as I would love another remake of them)

I personally had to change my pants after watching the video (for the record, it was the browns and not the white).

I'm excited. I do competitive battling, so I'll sit for 20 hours and beat the game just so I have the full battle system and everything at my disposal, and then I'll just battle online for countless hours. Having a fully 3D-rendered environment in a handheld game is awesome for that.

Back