Pokemon wont save after battery change.

So i changed the battery in my crystal cart. Soldered, resoldered. Removed, soldered again, and nothing. Battery shows 2.9v.

Game will not save at all and im not sure why. Is there a way to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Pictures of the Cart and a close up of the batteries contact points.
The higher the resolution the better.

Any other issues with the cart?
Color distortion, sound distortion/stutters

Try resetting the cart.

I have never ran into this problem before, hopefully it as simple as reseating the battery.

Sorry, posted a picture in the wrong thread.
IMG_4238_zps9026a10f.jpg

The joints dont look fantastic, but i reseated it about 3 times, adding a bit of flux and even though they now look perfect, it still wont save.

Cart is in good condition. Always worked. Obviously the battery died recently and i decided to replace it. No stutters/glitches, no sign internal damage. It's very clean.

I'm waiting on another battery, ill try replacing it again though i doubt it will work. It showed 2.9v on the multimeter (is that right). How can i reset it?

Thanks

I think the polarity is wrong. See the + and - by the pads? Pretty sure the top of the battery is + (double check), which means you have it backwards.

I dont think im going to be that lucky. I matched it to the direction of the old battery, and im pretty sure the negative side is that with the tab soldered over the top of the battery.

Turns out you guys were right. Though it's funny as every video/picture/original battery i saw was positioned the opposite way. Didnt even think to check the polarity of the battery i had.

Could just be the manufacturer of your replacement battery does it backwards for some reason.

Back