Pokemon Red battery replacement not working

So I found my old GBC and pokemon red only to find that my saves were gone :( I looked up how to fix the problem and I found this tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsROHA7R ... re=related
I got a battery from a motherboard I wasn't using because I literally have NO money to spend on batteries :/
I started a new game and saved it in my room to see if it worked. I turned it back on and everything was fine. I decided to wait an hour or 2 and come back aaaand my save was gone :( Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

vskid3 said:
Battery could be dead, depending on how old the motherboard is.
Probably only 4-5 years old. I don't think thats too old. I could be wrong. Maybe I just have to get a different battery :/

buy a new watch battery. they´re not expensive at all. however, check the pokemon´s battery size so you dont get a smaller or bigger one.
then, take the battery out with a little force (dont push it too much or else you will regret) until the battery separates from the contacts.
now, just take the new battery and place it properly over the contacts and tape it.

remember, use new batteries, never and old one or else it wont last more than 1 year or two.

P.D: i know this will work cause i´ve done it plenty of times myself.

so far, i´ve done this to: pokemon blue, yellow, 2 silver, 1 gold, and 1 crystal.

hope this helps

you could do what I did to my silver it wasn't a good solution but it worked for what I had it for.
Since the battery inside silver was a 3vlt battery I took the battery out then soldered in some wires where the contact pin thingies used to be and then I hooked it up to 2 double a batteries. That's what I did till I walked into my room and stepped on an old gamecube controller board with the save battery still in it then I just stole that and used it. :rolleyes:

Hackerbilly said:
you could do what I did to my silver it wasn't a good solution but it worked for what I had it for.
Since the battery inside silver was a 3vlt battery I took the battery out then soldered in some wires where the contact pin thingies used to be and then I hooked it up to 2 double a batteries. That's what I did till I walked into my room and stepped on an old gamecube controller board with the save battery still in it then I just stole that and used it. :rolleyes:
Not sure if I will do that xD sounds sketchy haha

Not really, it would just be bulky and look really ghetto.
The save would last a few more years.

Back