pLover's PSone Screen Question Thread

Ok, so I bridged that emergency fuse and the screen worked! :D But it wasn't getting the video signal, it just turned on. However, the video wire was connected, no problem.

So I'm re-rewiring the cart slot, and I've taken the cart slot off. But now, the screen doesn't turn on. Are those related?

All I'm saying is I'm not going to trust you anymore about what is and isn't needed on the screen.

You're really just being a douche now. So he was wrong, big deal. You didn't even know how to turn on the screen. Glass house.

I didn't know that you needed to do the 5v fix.

I'm not criticizing him, I'm just saying that I'm not going to trust him in the future. It's not an insult and I'm not saying he's stupid or anything, because he isn't. He just had his facts wrong, which isn't his fault.

Also, anyone know the answer?

I'm not too sure, but you have fried (that I know of) two SNES minis and three psone screens, and don't know what it is that's making them break. I'm going to go out on a limb and ask, how did you learn how to solder? Also, are you working on a metal surface or carpeted surface?

If you are working on a metal desk or plate, stop. I used an old metal computer case to solder on originally, before I knew that connecting voltage to ground would mess stuff up. If you are working on carpet, static build up could be frying your motherboards.

The only other thing might be your soldering. When I began modding, my soldering was really bad, I couldn't tell a good joint from a bad one, or if I accidentally bridged some connections. Where did you learn how?

I don't think Nobble would sell you a broken screen on purpose, he doesn't seem like a jerk. If you were able to get the screen to turn on at all, then I would check your soldering.

He didn't (I don't think). He wouldn't do that, he's a good guy. Something probably just happened in shipping. I bridged the emergency fuse and that screen is fine (making only two that I fried) and the other screen is fixable by bypassing the same fuse (making only one I fried) and the third I fried because of Ben's terrible LED mod guide that fries all screens it touches.

I work on a cork surface. It's a table.

And I don't think anything is wrong with my soldering. I forget where I learned it, though. But the reason I don't think it's a problem with my soldering is because the multimeter is always fine, everything works as it should.

Which brings me back to my question: The screen was working fine, but now that I started to re-relocate the cart slot, it stopped again. Are these issues related? (The cart slot is completely removed) Or is it more likely that the fuse I bridged loosened up?

Sorry, forgot about the question. Try hacking up the AV cable to something like a dvd player, something cheap that will work. If that works, then the screen is fine.

If the cart slot is removed, you won't get a picture. :lol: But does the backlight turn on when you connect power?

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you saying I should put the video signal from a DVD player into the PSone screen and see if it works? It sounds like what you're saying, to me. let me know if I'm wrong, though.

I don't know. Before, when the game signal wasn't getting through, I could tell the screen turned on because it got darker. I know that's not the backLIGHT, but I know that that means it's displaying some picture. It doesn't do that, now. When I turn it on it doesn't get any darker.

Yes, connect the psone screen to a DVD player.

If there's no backlight when you turn it on, try this. When you turn it on, press the volume and brightness buttons to see if anything shows up on the screen. If not, try shining some light onto it. If you're able to faintly see anything, then your backlight is broken. If you plan on doing the LED mod anyway, that won't cause any problems.

If you still can't see anything, then I'd be out of any possible solutions. :lol:

Ok, here's the deal: fuses do not blow for nö reason and bens Tutorial does Not make your screen Fry. What is your Power Source?

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing iPod autocorrection, how do i turn this off?

lol, nö.
I fried my screen after bridging the fuse by accidentally putting in the voltage backwards.

Kyo said:
Ok, here's the deal: fuses do not blow for nö reason and bens Tutorial does Not make your screen Fry. What is your Power Source?

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing iPod autocorrection, how do i turn this off?
Well all I know is it started to work once I bridged the emergency fuse, and now that I took off the cart slot, it stopped working. I'm not saying it's related, because it probably isn't.

And I don't even know if the first mobo was really fried, the resistor got as hot as my soldering iron, through. And people have said that Ben's tutorial doesn't work.

My power source is 7.4v batteries with a protection circuit.

Ok, I might be thread jacking, but can the Screen run off of 7.4V? also, where would I connect the Screen to the batteries, would it be to the 7.5V IN (port 1 on the left one)
[/img]http://kyorune.com/modding/file.php?art=17&file=3

If there is a better in, could you show it?

Also, its ok to take off the blue thing, if you do the 5V fix for auto turn on when insert power.

zeturi said:
Power Source means something else, turn off the word filter. :lol:
It is off.

And QS, all of your questions have been answered a TON. Look around, you'll find out quickly.

Back