pLover's PSone Screen Question Thread

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
Which capacitors can be removed from the Zenith screen? Theres a big blue one at the bottom and there's a smallish black one in the top corner. Neither of them are on a PSone screen.

Ok, because nobble was getting pissed at me and said they're both needed for the screen to work. :rolleyes:

Next question:

I know you can run the SNES off the 7805 regulators on the screen, but I can't get solder to stay on the ground of those stupid things. Can I solder the SNES ground to the ground thing on the left side of the screen? (The one where BenHeck says to connect the LED mod ground to.)

Ok, great.

New question: even if the SNES isn't on, the screen will still light up if both + and - power get to it, correct? I mean like, it won't show the game, but it will at least light up, correct?

Also, what does bypassing that emergency fuse do?

bypassing it helps make a screen work after the fuse was killed.

Did you apply the 5V fix? If so, yes it should light on, but don't quote me on that.

So my understanding is: If you put +5v into there, the screen might start working?

Wait, you NEED the 5v fix for your screen to work? Well, that explains both my last screens not working...

flax.

Ok, I did the 5v fix, but still nothing. I multimetered and there's 7.4v going into the screen, but nothing is coming out of either regulator. What could be the problem?

Okay, simply put, the psone screen and zenith screen are EXACTLY the same. The zenith has a couple of extra capacitors, and sometimes a small pcb attached to it. Since the psone screen has always been used without those extras, you don't need them for the screen to work.

As for the problem with your screen, try bridging the fuse. If that's not working, try connecting power to the alternate spots pointed out in Zenloc's screen cutting guide. If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what will.

Ok, I need someone else to step in here, because I've heard that you can take it off from tons of people, and I've also heard you can't. Which is it?

you can take it off. Just don't use the original PSU that came with it afterwards.

How about taking a picture of both sides of your screen so we can see how you *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up, if at all.

I know, I know. I'm a n00b. What's a PSU.

And pictures... I'm on it!

Also, nobble. This is the third thing you're wrong about.

Back