Please help me improve my Vita shoulder buttons!

zeello

I have a creaky L button on my Vita 1000, much like on this vid.

I tried loosening the screw, but I'm not sure it really did the trick. Also, loosening the screw causes the L button to rattle when you shake the Vita, and you hear a clink whenever you tap the top left part of the screen. And worse still the creaking comes back every now and then, even if it's just for a fraction of a second. It's driving me nuts. Loosening the screw just reminds me of the towel trick for Xbox 360. It doesn't actually do anything.

Then I saw this vid:

That's another problem with my Vita, if you hold the L button you can't ease up on it or else it won't register. So maybe I should give this video's method a try, even though it's not related to the creaking. But who knows, maybe it will fix the creaking! Maybe the two issues are related! It seems possible.

Anyway I had a few other ideas on what to do.
- I could loosen the screw on both the L and R buttons, at least this way both buttons will rattle so it will no longer seem like either button is broken. But this seems like such a lazy solution and as I've mentioned at the start of my post, I doubt the creaking will go away altogether.
- I could twist the Vita. I noticed I can make the creaking temporarily go away if I twist the L button toward me and the R button away from me. I'm considering experimenting with this further, but I worry I might break my Vita at this rate. I might even try unattaching the casing and twisting each half of the Vita. (for the record I've unattached the casing twice already, and even removed/reattached the L button trying to figure out what's wrong with it) NOTE: The L button does NOT creak when the rear casing is removed. (which explains why loosening the screw has some effect) So apparently the button itself is not the cause of the noise. Therefore I doubt lubricant will work. Someone mentioned silicone spray, but I doubt it will work. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
- I could unattach the casing and try to cut off pieces of the casing that's making the noise. It's just a matter of figuring out what to remove.

p.s. Another thing I should mention. I notice there is an open seam around the the circle around the X, O, Square, Triangle buttons. It's small, but I doubt the seam is supposed to be there, since it's not on the dpad. I can just barely see inside the seam to the inside of the Vita. The reason I point this out is because maybe my Vita's casing is slightly bent out of shape and that may be related to the creaking. It is part of the reason I considering twisting the Vita as a fix.

unfortunately the squeaking on the ps vita shoulder buttons comes from the plastic btoonts rubbing on the case the only way to alleviate this would be to somehow reduce this friction. either adding some kind of low fiction layer between them like a very thin piece of microfiber cloth or to add some kind of lubricant.

Back