Perment Messed Up Yellow Sprites

04tm34l3

So my friend needed some money, so I bought his pokemon yellow (6$ :D)(its got sharpie and pen and crap all over it) but with a bit of cleaning i got it to work.

Save battery is dead so I gotta replace it, but when I start the game during study hall today... and oak comes out for the speech... AND HES A BLOCK OF PIXLES. and then when it shows my character, ITS A BLOCK OF PIXELS. and then when i see pikachu, ITS A BLOCK OF PIXELS. and when i battle my rival, HES A BLOCK OF PIXELS, and so is his eevee!!!

anyway, just wondering if this is perment hardware damage, or if its just messed up from missingno or something.

when i first played it, it was on my pocket, so it was all grey. but my friend had their sp and when i played it, all the characters had the same shades of black and red pixels, except for eevee, who was black and green, just wondering if theres a link to anything there.

ill post some pics if anybody is interested (or if i recieve more than a one line response answering my question)

Do post pics.

It "could" be (but I doubt it is) the result of a glitch.
It'd be... Kind of unusual, depending on what all is happening.

I'd love to see it though, if it IS a hardware thing, that'd be pretty cool in a way.

jleemero said:
I'd love to see it though, if it IS a hardware thing, that'd be pretty cool in a way.

It would be cool, and on the positive side of things you could sell it to ebay idiots and say it has been hacked ;)

Well, after taking a bit to make a video, I realized I put 5 pictures worth of information into 3 minutes of video, but , regarless:

Notice all of the things I said before, however this time the sprites were more common to be black boxes, rather than pixely (although there are still pixel boxes, there are less). I'm wondering if this is just random, or if it depended on the player name that is different, as some aspects of the game such as missingno glitch apparantly have different effects depending on your player name. '

also at the end it shows when you talk to pikachu to get its mood; it jus has a black box and pikachus foot. thought that was interensting.

anyway, dont really have a clue whats going on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmkuMzQgsw

I have seen this problem before, and I have 2 pokémon games that have this problem. I am almost 100% sure that its the result of a failing memory bank chip. I'm also pretty sure that the only way to fix it, of course, would be to put a new memory bank chip in it :D

Back