PAM8403 audio amp?

naimlessone

Hey peeps, just looking up/researching some parts and pieces to get ready to build my first GCp and was wondering how I can wire this up to my own volume buttons (tact switches)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-PAM8403-Di ... 2a36879a57

I'm just not sure how to wire it to control the volume up/down and was hoping someone could point me towards a guide or something explaining it.

Thanks!

The PAM is supposed to be nice, I have one on my desk waiting to get wired up. As for the volume, you need only put a potentiometer on the signal output lines. You will need a dual gang pot for stereo control. For audio, you'll want something like a 10k Ohm logarithmic pot I believe.

How about using one along with tact switches to control the volume level? That's what I'd really like to do being as they are so slim and user friendly, as far as soldering, and I could mount it away from the switches to manage the space in the case better. The way that those iLuv portable speakers work. If it's not possible without a 10k pot then that's fine, it would be good info for others to know too though if we can.

I've never used digital pots before, but analog ones are fairly easy to use and wire up. I believe you need some sort of ic package to use a tact as a pot, but you may want to investigate further.

Back