Overclocking gameboy color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggyrgw

alright so, ive been working on my gamecube portable (which has been in dev for like 3 yrs)
i finnaly get all of my materials together... and i fry my motherboard.

anyways, ive been looking for a project to keep me busy and i heard that overclocking gameboy colors is pretty simple and useful for slow games like pokemon.
can anybody find any kind of guide for doing this? ive been looking for hours and all i can find are poor photos and not very detailed microsoft paint pics.
i need to know were the crystal is in a gamecube, and in a GBc. )the perfect use for my fried board.

anyone wanna help me out?

Re: Re: Overclocking gameboy color

Iggyrgw said:
no thirteen?
where did that come from?
He was implying that your capitalization and such are that of a 12 year old.

alright,
so is anyone gonna answer my question?

i think its a reasonable one.

ever since i joined this website, ive learned you cant ask questions without being ridiculed. good job representing the whole website.

In all likelihood, you have a spinny bullflax avatar and thing in your signature - this likely draws everyone's mind to the other member with a spinny bullflax avatar :confused: .

Bibin said:
In all likelihood, you have a spinny flax avatar and thing in your signature - this likely draws everyone's mind to the other member with a spinny flax avatar :confused: .
Wasn't going to say it.....

Re: Re: Overclocking gameboy color

Iggyrgw said:
so no one is going to help me? thanks
People would be more willing to answer your questions if they were typed out nicely and professionally. That's the first step to getting help and respect around here.

That's just the word censor, turn it off in your settings.

Also, for the future, you don't need to double post so close to your last post, just click the edit button.

I'm not just trying to identify the crystal, I'm trying to find a how to on overclocking a gameboy color.

As i said, i tried to help myself, but i cant find anything that explains it properly.

theres deferent types of crystals, as long as you get the same type, just a little higher or lower in speed, you can swap them out. theres not much need for a illustrated guild if you know what part to swap. theres hardware and software limits to how fast or slow something will run / not fry itself.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Overclo ... w-crystal/

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2337

these are just pointer's. It's more about how clever you are to make something work, rather than how well you follow instructions.

People are also more willing to help you if you have a name that they actually have a chance at saying, Just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back