ON/OFF SWITCH

ZK2AC

I took an ON/OFF switch from my sister's toy and it has 3 metal things to solder to. Which ones do i solder to?

Here is a picture:

They are the 3 blobs in the middle, and by the way, it is only an on/off switch, not a 3 way switch.

Also I want to make the switch where it turns everything on, how do i do that?

Solder two of the pins on either the left or right side, make sure they are on the same side.

I just want to make it where when i move the switch one way that it turns everything on.

This all seems so complicated! :gonk:

sorry im a huge noob, i don't know very much about this stuff.

it seems like i should connect the positive battery wire to the switch, and then put another wire which would still be the positive wire to the right pin. \

Am i correct?

This:
6c10b079.jpg

You solder the ground wire from your batteries and the (power) ground wire from your system to the rightmost pin. You solder the +power wire from your system onto the middle pin to the switch. Finally, solder the +power wire for your batteries onto the leftmost pin. That's it. As long as your batteries are charged then your system will turn on/off every time you slide the switch.

Wait, what the Heck does the ground wire go to the switch for? Is that just me or does it seem like a REALLY bad idea?

Yeah, you don't have to use ground. Connecting your system's ground to your system's power in won't do anything if the system is powered off, though. :p

But yeah, on second thought it's probably better to just leave the rightmost pin unconnected.

I have one more question!

If I am using the psone screen power jack to connect the charger, where do i connect the positive and negative on the jack and the batteries? I am using 3 camcorder batteries,
li-ion ones. Im not sure if having 3 batteries has anything to do with the difference of where to connect.

Ive tested that on the charger, the positive is in the middle, Negative is the circle around it ( or Vice Versa) if you have a multimeter, test them, if not, get one.

So if im right, connect the + to the inside pin, the ground to the outside ring.

If not, correct me now.

Back