NTSC Console and European AC Adapter [LISTS]

FOR EUROPEANS.

Let's list of the NTSC consoles USA and Japan that can be used EUROPEAN OFFICIAL AC adapter/power supply. Help make a list. Do not let false information! Thanks.

NINTENDO
NES (USA): Works
Famicom (JPN): Can NOT! (Works Mega Drive 1 & Master System 1(better to use) AC Adapters)
SNES (USA): Can NOT!
Super Famicom (JPN): Can NOT! (Works Mega Drive 1 & Master System 1(better to use) AC Adapters)
SNES second-model (USA): Can NOT! (Works Mega Drive 1 AC Adapter, but the plug must be changed to suit)
Super Famicom Jr. (JPN): Can NOT! (Works Mega Drive 1 AC Adapter. But plug size?)
Nintendo 64: Works
GameCube: Works
Panasonic Q (GameCube): Can NOT!
Wii: USA works, Japan (Should work?)

SEGA
Master System/Mark III: Works
Genesis & 2 (USA)/Mega Drive & 2 (JPN): Works (also works PS one AC Adapter in Eur/Usa/Jpn Mega Drive 2 & Genesis 2)
Game Gear: Works(?) (also works with MD1, MD2(?) and SMS1 AC Adapters)
Sega CD & 2 (USA)/Mega-CD & 2 (JPN): Works (also works MD1 AC Adapter in Eur/Usa/Jpn Mega-CD & 2 and Sega CD & 2)
32X/Super 32X: Works
Saturn: Can NOT!
Dreamcast: Can NOT!
Attention! Master System II AC Adapter can NOT be used with Mega Drive 1!

PLAYSTATION
PlayStation (first model): Can NOT!
PS one: Works
PlayStation 2 (first model): Can NOT!
PlayStation 2 slim: Works
PlayStation 2 slim: (Newest model, built-in power supply): Can NOT!
PlayStation 3 (first model): Works
PlayStation 3 slim: Works
Attention! PS3 slim is still in production that the latest model may not be compatible.

XBOX
Xbox: Can NOT!
Xbox 360: ? (Works?)
Attention! Xbox 360 different models such as the Xbox 360 S. Tier one model and S-model differ so much from each other, the better to use a similar model (EUR) AC Adapter.

NEC
PC Engine (JPN): (Works with Mega Drive 1 and Master System 1 AC Adapters)

ATARI
Jaguar: Probably works (also works with Master System 1 AC Adapter)
Jaguar CD: Probably works with Jaguar-AC Adapter (also works with Master System 1 AC Adapter)

----------------------------------------------------------------
INFORMATION PLAYSTATION 2 SLIM CONSOLE:
Warning. Slim models are 3 different versions. The oldest models of electronic reading is 5.3 A. The following models 4.5 A. Then the third and latest model, you can not use the euro adapter. MOST IMPORTANT that the European PAL console electric information is the same as the NTSC console and both AC Adapters. Check the data from console (see bottom) and the AC Adapter (also bottom) OR see of the user's guide.

North American PS2 slim 5.3 A consoles are:
From SCPH-70001 - SCPH-77001

North American PS2 slim 4.5 A consoles are at least:
SCPH-79001

The latest model SCPH-9000 series has a built-in power supply / transformer, and these can NOT be used with the European power supply/AC adapter!

U.S. Official PlayStation website can be found in manuals (PDF files) with specifications (Specifications).
http://us.playstation.com/support/manua ... /index.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if the English is bad, translated by Google Translation.

1. Don't European adapters vary between countries?
2. I wouldn't recommend using adapters that aren't specifically for the region that you're trying to plug into because of the vast difference in wall voltages.

ProgMetalMan said:
1. Don't European adapters vary between countries?
2. I wouldn't recommend using adapters that aren't specifically for the region that you're trying to plug into because of the vast difference in wall voltages.
Pretty much all of Europe uses 240V. Some countries use different sockets, but you can get an adapter for that.

All of the USA uses 120V. Plugging a 240V adapter into 120V results in bad things.

ProgMetalMan said:
All of the USA uses 120V. Plugging a 240V adapter into 120V results in bad things.
No, as far as I can tell, this is for people in Europe getting an NTSC console. They obviously would not be able to use the 120V power supply hooked up to 240V.

GAME GEAR:
How Game Gear(s) USA and Japan, compatibility with European AC Adapter?

Second question: What about the compatibility MD2, SMS & SMS2 European AC Adapters ---> with Eur/Usa/Jpn Game Gear(s)? I played with MD1 AC Adapter, no problem.

XBOX 360:
How Xbox 360?

Wouldn't it be better to build a list of voltages different consoles can accept? I know several consoles can run on the PS2 Slim's supply, seeing as it provides a good starting point for the 7805's found in many older consoles.

Hmm. I recently ordered a Panasonic Q and I'm waiting on it to arrive. Is it probably safe to use the Q in a US outlet without a step-down converter (120v US vs 110v JAP)?

Thanks for this list. I've been referring to it a lot and wasn't disappointed. Has anyone triedn an Atari 7800 or 2600 yet? Also, if it doesn't work, what'd I need to get instead?

Back