Nobble's xbox 360 laptop worklog

This is a 360 laptop. You can fit a decent audio amp in there. Don't use tiny speakers and a weak amp. I would suggest using a computer speaker amp with some nice cones. If you use PS1 speakers I'll cry.

I found some mini HP speakers. They get pretty loud. Now I just need to put a potentiometer on them for volume control and I'm set. They also run off of 5v. Which is amazing.

The HP notebook speakers that go up to 76 decibels? Try to get one of those Segaes open, it's impossible.

Mako321 said:
The HP notebook speakers that go up to 76 decibels? Try to get one of those Sega open, it's impossible.

SILLY MAKO!!! take off the front mesh with a knife and then unscrew them.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*, I destroyed one of the speakers by going at the side with knives and screwdrivers and such to pry it open
:stare:

Quick update: The case should arrive around or on the 23rd.

Then I will be breaking open my xbox and cracking open the lcd case.

nobble said:
Quick update: The case should arrive around or on the 23rd.

Then I will be breaking open my xbox and cracking open the lcd case.
Why not do that now and save time for when the case gets there

IMG_20101222_135040.jpg

HAPPY?!?!?!?!?

I added the speakers and hardwired the ring of light buttons tonight. I think it was a very good late night mod session. Probably tuesday I will hack the lcd monitor and then wire everything up. I still need to do a lot of case work. It isn't going so well. Having a lot of trouble cutting the plexi just right. I wish I had better tools.

Plexi is tough to cut. Every time I try to cut it, no matter what I use, it always cracks along the edges. You could try to find a Tap Plastics if you have one near you, and see if they can cut it with a router for you.

zeturi said:
Plexi is tough to cut. Every time I try to cut it, no matter what I use, it always cracks along the edges. You could try to find a Tap Plastics if you have one near you, and see if they can cut it with a router for you.

Score and snap is one method. Use a ruler and run a utility knife down it until you get a good line, flip it over and do the same. Then hold it on the edge of a table and snap it off.
Use a skill saw or table saw. But tape the line you are cutting with painters tape or duct tape. Then cut through it.

I'm thinking that I might just scrap the whole case and make a new one out of pvc sheets. I might be able to get the sheets cut with a router from work. I gotta see if the company we buy glass and plastic sheets from has one. Otherwise i will just use the tools I have at home.

BUUUUT...

I took apart the lcd monitor and am hopefully cutting the lcd power board when I get home from work tonight.

ToastBucket said:
If you scrap the case, sell it to me ::3:

That sounds much better ::3:

I am going to make my own case. PM me if you want to buy the old one. I also found a cheap audio amp at best buy for like $10. It has a digital potentiometer on it so the volume control is tactile switches. The only thing that makes me sad is that it runs off of 3 volts. Are there any points on the xbox slim board that runs 3 volts?

Back