No 3.3v from reg.

I am Noah

Hey! Last week I wired up my regulator again.
I wired up the 7.4v to the 7805 on the console, along with 7.4voltmate on the regulator. I'm getting 7.4v, but no 3.3v output from my reg.
Why is that?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Either your wiring is incorrect or the regulator is damaged. I recommend isolating the regulator from the n64 and test it that way first. Double check to make sure you have it wired correctly and that nothing is shorted.

Little update. I wired 7.4v directly to the regulator and ground from the batteries. Now I'm getting only .12v

I really don't know how to explain this to someone that doesn't understand it, but in electrical circuits you always* need to connect a voltage and a ground.

I really don't know how to explain this to someone that doesn't understand it, but in electrical circuits you always* need to connect a voltage and a ground.
The reg. Was originally connected ton the n64's ground. I read somewhere that you should connect it straight to the batterys ground.

Sure thing.

24mg4yr.jpg

Blue wire: 3.3v
Black: ground from protection circuit
Red:7.4v from batteries
Yellow: going to 7805

Sometimes those regulators don't work. I had two brand new ones that would only output 60 to 300 mV. You should try to get another one.

Back