NM

Re: ModRetro Exclusive ....Hailrazer's 4th N64 Portable..

how is this MR exclusive, i saw this on BH a few days ago :hit: :lol:

Joeyjoe9876 said:
how is this MR exclusive, i saw this on BH a few days ago :hit: :lol:

Nope that is my other commission, my 3rd N64 portable.

this one is different and only on MR

You are the weakest link ....goodbye. :p

haha he used a television show reference. that makes me laugh. i'm thinking of that episode of family guy though xD

hmm nice to know. this one gonna be any different than that one besides the case color?

I'm going to post my kamikaze clone thread.:p

While we are on the subject, good sir, do you put down the ABS first? Then I am guessing you sand it down to expose the bubbles and holes, and then you fill those holls in with flex filler (epoxy).

Am I right so far? I want to make sure the way I do it on my portables is most efficient and least likely to crack.

hailrazer said:
Tchay said:
While we are on the subject, good sir, do you put down the ABS first? Then I am guessing you sand it down to expose the bubbles and holes, and then you fill those holls in with flex filler (epoxy).

Am I right so far? I want to make sure the way I do it on my portables is most efficient and least likely to crack.

Actually I do it a bit different now. I use the bumper filler/epoxy on the top half. Enough to bond it to the case and fill in a lot of the cracks. After it dries (around 30 minutes) I flip it over and abs cement the backside. I use a liberal amount and overlap the screen and the case by around 1/4". After it dries a bit (around 6 hours) I go back to work on the front sanding it smooth. Then I fill the rest of the front in with bumper filler/epoxy , let it dry and sand , sand , sand.

I got a nice mini sander from Wal-Mart on clearance for $9 and I use that now so the sanding goes a LOT quicker.

!Bm,bkVw!Wk~$%28KGrHqIH-CgEtq02t1+LBLfdb4OoO!~~_12.JPG

Okay, that makes sense. Thats pretty much what I am doing. I applied ABS to both sides, sanded the top side and will fill in the bubble holes with filler. I also have a mini sander ;)

I noticed that giving my ABS an extra 2 days ensures that it will be very hard when sanding, but it also depends heavily on how thick your mix is. Thanks for the help!

Tchay said:
I noticed that giving my ABS an extra 2 days ensures that it will be very hard when sanding, but it also depends heavily on how thick your mix is. Thanks for the help!

The problem that I found is the Abs cement continues to dry and shrink for at least 10 days. So I was getting low spots and depressions weeks later in the finished portable. So now with just putting abs on the back AFTER epoxying the majority of the front, I don't have to worry about that problem.

hailrazer said:
Tchay said:

The problem that I found is the Abs cement continues to dry and shrink for at least 10 days. So I was getting low spots and depressions weeks later in the finished portable. So now with just putting abs on the back AFTER epoxying the majority of the front, I don't have to worry about that problem.

:eek: glad you told me that! Good thing I've been too busy to paint :sweat:

What superpad are you using for these? The wierd shaped one or normalish one?

BoFoSho said:
What superpad are you using for these? The wierd shaped one or normalish one?

The normal N64 controller shaped SuperPad.

I bought both because I wasn't sure.(payed extra to have them N.I.B.)

Looking forward to updates! The new case technique sounds like it works nicely.

Sounds like someone is a bit sensitive. Midlife crisis much? :p

Nice casework! The layout reminds me a lot of my N64p case I sold to DJ711 a while back:
FILE0071.jpg

Not that there are that many ways to make a landscape N64p, but this way is my favorite for sure. :)

is that a router? i have one of those. and hail, looks so familiar im not even impressed! i think you are just messing with the color sliders in photoshop and posting the same pictures! :awesome:

Back