Nintendo adding second circle pad to 3DS

grossaffe

President Groosevelt
Staff member
To all you who said this was implausible, suck it!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192682p1.html

nintendo-adding-second-circle-pad-to-3ds-20110906085635045-001.jpg

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* man. I'm glad they are improving the console, but its also a slap in the face to early adopters because you KNOW the redesign will have this built in and eventually most games will use this. If they announce a redesign too like rumored, they better have a Dang good trade in deal.

Zero said:
*PLAQUE* man. I'm glad they are improving the console, but its also a slap in the face to early adopters because you KNOW the redesign will have this built in and eventually most games will use this. If they announce a redesign too like rumored, they better have a Dang good trade in deal.
yeah, i can see the folks that dropped $250 on it being upset. Those that only spent $170, though, are another story. You can't blame a company for selling out their current stock while they can. It was a bad move releasing it without the dual-circles, but at least they're trying to rectify it some way rather than saying "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* it, we'll get it right next go around". I think I read that attachment thing will also have 3G or something.

Unless a battery is going in there too, that looks way too buff man. They should make it look more flush. I mean yeah, ergonomics and all, but yano? It looks as "not fitting" as some of the third party peripherals.
IMO make it flush or leave it be, at least for now.

Antome said:
Unless a battery is going in there too, that looks way too buff man. They should make it look more flush. I mean yeah, ergonomics and all, but yano? It looks as bad as some of the third party peripherals.
as I mentioned, I think its got 3G, so that might explain some of the size.

err, there's speculation it will have 3g, because its being announced along side Monster hunter 3G which is supposed to make use of the second circle.

Okay, wow nintendo.

The 3DS has just been filled with mistakes. I saw a user post a comment on IGN from this article. Mostly, he said Nintendo has really *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up a lot with the 3DS. Poor game linup at launch, poor pricing structure, and now a poor controller layout. He was also a big Nintendo fan, like myself.

It looks pretty likely now that a "3DS Lite" will have the 2nd circle pad included. Games like Metroid and shooters will probably need the second circle pad. I sure hope nintendo allows for some trade in options when that day comes. I can't be too mad since I didn't pay much for my 3DS and can probably sell it for around 100 bucks when a new version comes out.

All that aside, a 3DS Lite with 2 circle pads will be nice for portablizing in terms of the case. Although apparently Sonyqrio's circle pad diagram does not actually work with the gamecube or N64. So thats a bummer.

Crappy add-on pad peripheral- Nintendo going OHflaxOHflaxOHflaxOHflax!

It looks really un-ergonomic, would trash portability, and is that pad SMALLER?

grossaffe said:
Antome said:
Unless a battery is going in there too, that looks way too buff man. They should make it look more flush. I mean yeah, ergonomics and all, but yano? It looks as bad as some of the third party peripherals.

err, there's speculation it will have 3g, because its being announced along side Monster hunter 3G which is supposed to make use of the second circle.

Nothing says that it will have 3G. 3G is just the name of the Monster Hunter game, just like Monster Hunter G. And it's actually called Monster Hunter Tri G, not 3G.

It's still unknown if the expansion is meant mostly for 3G, or even if it was developed entirely with 3G in mind.

It won't have 3G. It's only saying that this expansion could be meant for Monster Hunter Tri G.

Wikipedia said:
Famitsu in Japan announced that Monster Hunter Tri G was confirmed as an expanded to Monster Hunter Tri. It was coming to release for the Nintendo 3DS and features local wireless play. The new Circle Pad accessory was also confirmed to allow players to use it for this game.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/famitsu-ou ... peripheral

So, basically, this is expansion is probably only made for MHTG.

AfroLH said:
grossaffe said:
Antome said:

Nothing says that it will have 3G. 3G is just the name of the Monster Hunter game, just like Monster Hunter G. And it's actually called Monster Hunter Tri G, not 3G.

It's still unknown if the expansion is meant mostly for 3G, or even if it was developed entirely with 3G in mind.

It won't have 3G. It's only saying that this expansion could be meant for Monster Hunter Tri G.
whoops. I blame IGN for calling it 3G :stare:

Okay so I somehow missed the part where this was only for monster hunter, and it's not an official accessory either.

Silly me. Point still stands however, that it doesn't look very flush.

002.jpg

Looks better form the side IMO. It's like an ergonomic attachment more than anything. Still bummed by the fact that it ain't flush though.

grossaffe said:
Monster Hunter 3G, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble, Dynasty Warriors Vs and Kingdom Hearts 3D

The thing is, none of those are first party. For past consoles, Nintendo hasn't released games that cater to third-party peripherals, so methinks it'll be for a very limited number of games.

People, listen, it's not Nintendo. It's a 3rd-party peripheral that will likely be used by few games, and required by none.

Thanks for bumping up this thread to let us know something we already knew by now.

Seriously, it's like 90% of the people who come in here have never been on a forum before. Why do so many people bump the most useless things? Just don't.

Back