Ninja Sixty-Fource worklog

Got ten prongs of slot relocation done. And broke off a few compasitors and broke the board, smashed the expansion port to pieces and scratched it. Going to get another at good will. :confused: :sweat: :cry4: :cool: (only bought if for ten bucks anyways)

Good will I got n64,(2 atomic p7rple cohtrollers and expansion pack this time.)Ps something cohtroller for back buttons, and Ps1(I think) 4 splitter thing(L shaped.) Half way done with slot relocation. Dremmeled room for controller ports. (L thing)

Need 8 more wires solder BURNED MY HAND OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 more holes enlarged withe dremel
1 hole dremel
MONEY

:neutral2: Dude ...

I hate putting people down, but you obviously have no electronics experience.

Portables are a real challenge, and are not for people trying to learn how to solder.

I have a solid background in electrical engineering, and I still struggled through my portable.

Do yourself a favor, learn how to crawl before you attempt to run. Otherwise, this project will simply end up in frustration and wasted money.

-SQ ;)

SonyQrio said:

Portables are a real challenge, and are not for people trying to learn how to solder.

I have a solid background in electrical engineering, and I still struggled through my portable.

Do yourself a favor, learn how to crawl before you attempt to run. Otherwise, this project will simply end up in frustration and wasted money.

-SQ ;)

this.

it took me a month of practicing soldering on old boards to get alright it and im still only just good enough to do what i need.

but i was just wondering SQ, i read your log of the objective64, and saw you were 13. how do you have a background in electrical engineering? if you really do so early on thats awesome!

Spoleyo: To answer your question, I started working with electronics when I was really young. I learned how to solder when I was 7 or 8 and ever since, I've been fueling my interest in electronics.

When I was in diapers, my mom gave me an unplugged power bar and all the appliances in the house as toys. :dahroll:

I guess you could say I wasn't your average baby. :mrgreen:

SonyQrio said:
Spoleyo: To answer your question, I started working with electronics when I was really young. I learned how to solder when I was 7 or 8 and ever since, I've been fueling my interest in electronics.

When I was in diapers, my mom gave me an unplugged power bar and all the appliances in the house as toys. :dahroll:

Sounds like a super hero's back story :)

SonyQrio said:

-SQ ;)

This so much. I see people who join, thinking they can build a portable, and then their first question is, "How do I solder?"
It's the number one thing you need to know when building a portable. It isn't possible without knowing how. It took me weeks to get the basics of soldering down, and I'm relatively good at it, but I've been soldering for 5 years, so it takes patients, which a lot of people seem to lack.

Oh and Sony, I think I'm in love with this quote. Learn how to crawl before you attempt to run.

;) Anybody can attest that it is 100% true. Learn how to scotch tape the wires (better than solder imo) before building a portable: learn how to crawl before you attempt to run.

SonyQrio said:
;) Anybody can attest that it is 100% true. Learn how to scotch tape the wires (better than solder imo) before building a portable: learn how to crawl before you attempt to run.
:awesome:

SonyQrio said:

I guess I could say my story is similar lol :lol:

Yeah... I found a soldering iron once in my dad's tool chest and I asked if I could use it in 6th grade. I was so ignorant that I thought I was doing it right :sweat: then I looked on the internet... I was wrong.

SonyQrio said:

-SQ ;)

When I made the Elephant64, I had not done anything really electronics related other than sound mixing. I started out with practically no experience and no knowledge and now I can make portables (If I don't keep getting bored with them :p ) and know quite a bit. Sure sometimes it's probably best to start small and work your way up. But I say, be ambitious. You will learn lots LOTS more that way.

Also, Sony, I'm curious as to what your "solid background in electrical engineering" is, because you still seem to be wrong a lot.

Solid electronic background as in I have been tinkering around for many years. :dah: I still have to learn somehow, and I achieve that by being wrong.

Back