New to portabilizing

Now before i start i would like to apologize if by some odd reason i posted this in the wrong section, but as you can tell im new to the forum.

And by the title you can tell im a noob with a few questions.

My brothers birthday is in a couple months and i thought i would use this as an excuse to put out money to build a portable game system. Now the first console that came to mind was the nintendo 64 but we both own tablets that are fully loaded with every n64 game thinkable with wireless joypads (we owned all the games legally at one point, if anyone has an issue with pirating)

So my next plan was gamecube and i think im going to stick with it.

Before i can ask my question i thought it appropriate to explain in better detail my plans for the project. I dont plan on making a special case with a built in controller but instead to keep the integrity of the console and add a screen, while leaving the controller ports and memory slots in place (for multiplayer sessions) and adding a battery. So to put it simple im just going to add a screen and a internal battery so i can play it in the car or at school (yes i still attend school).

my question to all of you is, what lcd screen and battery setup do you suggest for such a project. Keep in mind i have moderate soldering skills, and would like to try to keep soldering to a bare minimum. Also i want to keep the project under 200 (Im picking up the gamecube today for 20 bucks, and i have tons of micro fans and a couple bottles of artic silver 5 laying around so they are out of the picture)

Thank's in advanced, tony

lol, right under my nose.

But thats not exactly what i was going for, i wanted it to be a project.

Thanks none the less but my plans changed slightly. (i still will be buying the items you provided, but only because that will make a great addon to my car)

i found a small suitcase in my closet and got inspiration im going to use the wii i have laying in my closet instead, iv already found a screen and now i just need to find a battery

hailrazer said:
Those GameCube batteries are junk and won't hold a charge for very long.

Maybe OP can replace the Ni battery with Li batteries/don't forget to have a protection circuit for charger.
It would look very elegant inside the case. so if ever the gamecube dies, get a new one, and you still have a battery and screen.

Batteries
http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ionpacks37-89v.aspx

need batteries, protection circuit, charger

tonymamoni1 said:
we owned all the games legally at one point, if anyone has an issue with pirating

for the record, owning game backups is only legal if you currently have the original

Diminuendo said:
tonymamoni1 said:
we owned all the games legally at one point, if anyone has an issue with pirating

for the record, owning game backups is only legal if you currently have the original

And that depends on which country you live in.

Back