New to modding

Hi, i'm new to modding and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I saw Shockslayer's youtube video about a portable Gamecube that he made. So I came here hoping someone could tell me where to start. I have $80 currently and a lot of free time. Thanks any help is appreciated a lot.

Several things.

1) Can a mod move this?

2) read the stickies. they are filled with great information that should help immensely

3) read the stickies

4) 80 is not enough, especially for a gamecube. the batteries you will need will cost most of that, and the screen and other parts will be rather costly as well. Plus, I assume you dont have a soldering Iron and tools, which cost a bit as well. (i probably have a good 500$ in my tools, but i do have pretty high quality stuff.)

5) read the stickies

6) welcome to the forums

7) read the stickies

Thanks, I can barrow a soldering iron and pretty much any tool you can imagine from where my uncle works so tools shouldn't be a problem. As for money i'll half to work with that $80. But the good news is my birthday is next month so that's an extra $100-$200. Also i'll read this stickies, I guess they're important because you told me four times. Thanks again.

0pyders said:
Thanks, I can barrow a soldering iron and pretty much any tool you can imagine from where my uncle works so tools shouldn't be a problem. As for money i'll half to work with that $80. But the good news is my birthday is next month so that's an extra $100-$200. Also i'll read this stickies, I guess they're important because you told me four times. Thanks again.
A lot of the stickies contain in-depth worklogs that tell you how to do the project in vivid detail. And generally supplies run around 300 for even an N64p. But anywho, welcome to the forums!

Well- Gamecube:$25
Batteries from ebay(not the crap ones from china):$50-60
Screen: $20-100
Case: ?
It could work out.

One question. I f I have a battery from a laptop can i use that for a portable gamecube? it is a rechargeable Li-Fe Battery, rating: Fe 6.5vdc 3.1Ah, and its limited charge is 7.5v. I dont know what any that is except fot the limited charge, but if that helps, wth.

Maybe if you add some extra cells to it to make it a 11.1v. Check your amps to see if it will hold a decent charge.

Back