[New Question!] Can I use a battery i have from my laptop?

Re: How do i get those 4 screws of the bottom of a gamecube!

if i remember right the Gamecube has screws alot like the N64... kinda round with divits in them. if so then you can use a Bic pen by taking out the ink cartridge and then jamming the shell of the pen, nose down, into the hole. Shove it over the head screw then twist off.
Or needle nose pliers... but thats harder.
Or ebay probably has an opening tool on it somewhere.

Get a Gamebit screwdriver, they're on eBay, Nonfinite and Dealextreme.

thnx, Ill probablly end up doing this, but ifyou dont mind me asking, what size gamebit screwdrive wll I need?

4.3mm or 4.5mm or whatever it is.(starts with 4)

If Nintendo made it, it's either 3.8 mm or 4.5 mm "Game Bit", a standard security screw, or a trigram; if it's not a plain phillip's head.

Thanks Everyone or the help, this wa really useful!When I go to buy the gamebit screwdriver, i will probablly go to wal-mart first to see if they have ay, instead of waiting the week(s) of shipping time on ebay.

you'll have to build a custom regulator, it is doable, it's in the megasticky, but otherwise you'll need 12V

An 11.1V 3-cell lithium will do fine. I believe the cutoff is somewhere around 10 volts.

Gameinator64 said:
okay, but would you mind telling me if this battery would work
http://cgi.ebay.com/12Volt-0-8amp-h...-/290485739998?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item43a24ca1de
, Im not sure what type of battery to get or which one it needs. Also I would like to know if I could use phone batteries, cuz I have several of those, im lookng at one right now it says 3.7v, so if I can use them 3 or 4 of them should work fine.

No. amperage must exceed start up amperage requirements for the gamecube

English: that battery will die before the gamecube even starts up all the way. Would need at LEAST 1.3ish amps (1300mAh) to start up the GC. And that would get you anywhere from 30 sec to a minute depending on your fan and sound amp.

That battery is crap. It's big, heavy, and low capacity. NiMh batteries are bad. Sealed Lead Acid is beyond terrible for portables.

Back