New 360 Hardware

Aux

new360.jpg

Why are they updating the 360 hardware so close to the Xbox ONE launch? And why do I want one so bad? Dang, new 360, you fine.

Discuss.

Tchay said:
IS IT SMALL?

All the details they're giving right now are "smaller and quieter and available today". (Nobody seems to have it available yet though, so I don't know what their definition of "today" is.)

Judging by the size of the disc tray though, looks like an inch or two off the length of the S, and maybe a half inch slimmer.

And Groose, they say it's "inspired by" the Xbone. I'm glad they kept the ugly parts of it out.

actually yeah it does look too much like xbox one.

Man, you gotta feel sorry for all the moms and dads out there running around come christmas. They're going to be lost on all this stuff.

No, I feel bad for the kids that ask for an Xbox One and parents get the wrong one because of Microsoft's flaxty naming conventions or something.

ProgMetalMan said:
No, I feel bad for the kids that ask for an Xbox One and parents get the wrong one because of Microsoft's flaxty naming conventions or something.

Eh at least they get something from their parents. Ah the days of living at home....

Looks smaller than the 360 Slim, but not by much. Don't really see a point, probably going to cost the same since the XB1 is like $500.

Probably. The cost of new molds spread across the amount of product it makes is actually really small.
Not to mention it's a good move for uniformity across their product line, and sets them up to continue the 360 for years to come, PS2 style.
And it keeps the old hardware looking a little fresher. As long as they aren't selling those consoles at a loss anymore, this is probably going to be xbox's smartest move in a while.

All I want to know is A) Is the power draw the same as the S, or have they improved, and B) can it, or how long till I can Xecute it.

Because I figure if they got the power draw down near a rated 100 watts (slim is 135 as I recall), and one can ditch the disc drive altogether and use an SSD for storage, a battery powered 360 laptop in an almost reasonable size may finally be possible. I can't say I'd have much use for it, but Dang I want to see it done.

So after watching an IGN unboxing, the new xbox 360 slim is almost the exact same size as the older xbox 360 slim. They basically just got rid of the unnecessary angles and made it look xbox one-ish.

These names are becoming confusing really fast.

just don't try to understand it, just accept the fact that Microsoft keeps putting the 360 into a different case and selling it for more.

samjc3 said:
All I want to know is A) Is the power draw the same as the S, or have they improved

This has been my single most burning question since it was announced. I've seen reports of everything from 115 - 130W... why does nobody doing teardowns or unboxings think to look at the power brick sticker? ARGH

UPDATE: According to Xbox.com official documentation: The Xbox 360 E console uses a 120-watt PSU.

Back