Need KeyBoard Help

Crazy Inventor

I just got a new (older) computer. I want to use my old keyboard, here. But the computer doesn't have any PS/2 slots and when I use my adapter, it detects the board but then says it malfunctions and isn't recognized.

Any help?

Check to see if the PS/2 pins on the keyboard cord are bent or broken. Because of the design of the PS/2 port, it's really easy to mangle those. Otherwise your adapter might be bad. Try a couple different ones- if you or any friends got new keyboards or computers between 2002 and 2008, you probably have tons of extras.

Used some extra adapters, won't work. It's fine though. Turns out the keyboard didn't working with any adapter.
I'm going to buy a new one.

Not really important, but I found a different adapter and it works. So I can throw the old one out, or try to fix if I want.

The keyboard works, but the driver for the internet keys doesn't seem to work. I've used every driver from the HP website and it won't work. I am using a dell, btw in case that might help in anyway.

And yes, I could use a computer devoted forums for this, but I don't like signing up for many forums. So it's a last resort.

Back