Need help with s-video

krook3d14

I looked around the forums and am still unsure about whether or not you can use s-video with a ps1 screen, the n64 I have only let's me use s-video for some reason, please help. :cry4:

I believe only pal psone screens can be modded to take s video. Where have you tried pulling composite from?

I hooked it up with the normal composite wires and they work fine with my other n64 but the video doesn't work for some reason on this n64, only svideo does, I hooked it up to my ps1 screen and the composite doesn't work on that either. Is there a composite to svideo converter?

So I assume you're getting video from the original plug. Try pulling composite from the black labeled side of capacitor c15 on rev3-5 or c16 on rev6-9.

3wXTCl.jpg

The caps are marked with a blue sharpie. Rev 3 is in front, rev 6 is at the back. The placement of the capacitor doesn't change much from rev3 to rev5, but on revs6-9, it may be in a slightly different location, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Ok thanks a lot for the pictures, it made what you said more understandable, it's like 12am and I'm so tired, I have school so I can't try this out till tomorrow afternoon.

If you cant get that to work, splice the s-video signal lines together. That's all composite is.

I connected it to the c15 capacitor and it worked perfectly, thanks a lot bud, finished all my wiring now and will probably start a work log thread when I can upload the photos.

Back