need help with odd controller stick application.

Mr. Hooker

I have done allot of site searching, but haven't found the exact thing I need to know.
Sorry if I made a post asking a anserd question, I looked, and could not find one, and didnt whant to bump a old somewhat relivent topic if it didnt meet the criteria.

I know I have to use a 3rd party n64 controller to use a Gamecube stick, there's allot of answered "what doe's work combos" that helps in nearly all circomstances, and I know I can re-run the lines directly to the potentiometers to make one work for most normal applications, what I haven't found or seen was, if I could use the Gamecube C stick circuit bord original 4 wire's out (the small cable & socket wire's) without having to change the potentiometer wire's, to work on a particular 3rd party n64 controller.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96 ... stick.jpg/

I'm not asking simply to save some sort of aesthetic featur.
I reached the limmits of my interface, without having to relocate power line's to a separate conector to make room for additional line's to the controller.

The requirement's I need is to use the same stick with 4 pins out that can work with both, the n64 3rd party and the origanle Gamecube controler.
Is there any way this can be done, or a particular 3rd party controller to use?

Thanks for any advise, if this is at all possible or not.
I can ask my question in full detail, showing what I'm trying to do in a YouTube vid tonight if that will help clarify anything.

Im not 100% sure on your question, but i your asking for an example of a 3rd party controller you can use a retro64 controller.

" if I could use the Gamecube C stick circuit bord original 4 wire's out (the small cable & socket wire's) without having to change the potentiometer wire's, to work on a particular 3rd party n64 controller. "

wat

Just to clarify: you want to hook up your 4-wire analog to a 6-wire analog trace?

If so:
wiring_stick_2_engadget_howto.jpg

The difference is (probably) that instead of voltage and gnd being used twice, they're only used once.

You can't. The only really feasible way to do it is to stick squishy tactiles under each direction of the C stick. It works wonders actually.

SonyQrio , I was looking to do the n64 stick swap with the gc C stick, not the C buttons' with the C stick.

ProgMetalMan , by using the diagram that's exactly the same as the C stick's wiring I'm already useing, you my have inadvertently giving me my answer. However I will assume thats what you meant to do.
I can use a potentiometer to find the two set's of common line's on the n64 3rd party controller, then wire in my lead's from the C stick to them. That should work.

unless there's any relevant reason why that will not work, then this topic has ran its course.
Thanks ProgMetalMan

I know that's what the stick is. That's basically what you have to do for the board.

It's all good, SonyQrio , I know you do good work, I have seen every NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, mod vid on YouTube, and did a little site searching here before I made an account.
Was probably just my over worded query to begin with.

Thanks again ProgMetalMan, you was going to get credit for that ether way, when I finished.
I overlooked the obvious, knowing how the c stick was wired, your diagram made it obvious as soon as I seen it, that I just had to do the same thing to the controller side of the socket I'm making, so 4 wire's are going to each side.

If I already had a 3rd party controller I would of figured it out on my own, but I didn't think of the answer first, and didn't want to buy a wrong controller.

I will explain more of what I'm making, when I have something to dimmo.

Back