Need help trouble shooting

minnieman

Hello again!

This time its the video... When I turn my system on, the screen will turn on for a second but then immeadiatley go off. I verified that nothing is wrong with the screen, but it is either the board or the cart slot because it will output video for a brief moment and then stop. Any suggestion on how to test if its the cart slot, board, the screen, or maybe something else?

Maybe your power supply is not enough, try a power supply with more mah for testing that

I never made one myself but just thinking about it, I would think that since you are getting the screen to show up, even if it is a split second then I would think that it could be a connection issue and perhaps you have a loose wire somewhere?

I say that because maybe it is barely touching enough to send power to it but it can't hold the power/signal to the screen.

thatguythere said:
I never made one myself but just thinking about it, I would think that since you are getting the screen to show up, even if it is a split second then I would think that it could be a connection issue and perhaps you have a loose wire somewhere?

I say that because maybe it is barely touching enough to send power to it but it can't hold the power/signal to the screen.

I was thinking that, but there is no sound and no picture but the screen will turn on like a composite video cable was connected and disconnected in a second and a half. all that shows is a black screen like its about to start but then doesnt.

you can remove the connection between the n64 and the screen and test that everything is fine in the n64 with a regular tv

Back