N7 64 & Behemoth 64 Worklog!

Re: N7 64, Noah7's Third Portable (Worklog)

Yes. Purple is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome.

It's been a while since I've posted any progress, mainly because I have none. :mrgreen:
Anywho, I'm using a 5 inch Zenith/PSone screen. And yeah, I'm also leaning to the red/purple idea, I'm good at making cloud effects with paint, even though it's not that hard. I think my screen fried, I used a powerbox, with voltage control to power it, and this is a crazy story, but my dad had used it and there is a switch for 6 volts and 12 volts, and my dad left it on 12 volts, well 13 actually, and thinking it was on 7, I plugged my screen in, turned it on and it started burning. The back of my lcd now has a singed part where one of the traces on the board burned...

Gyroninja said:
Try making a solder path over burnt traces. (might work)
If you solder correctly, this is not possible. He should just re-connect them with kynar wire.

Got some case work done. It's not the sexiest case in the world, but since it's for myself, I don't mind how it looks.

OMGWTF where are you in Michigan? We gotta meet up and make some N64 goodness.

I'm down in Macomb, near Detroit and Troy. Also, case pictures!

DSCN4579.jpg

DSCN4580.jpg

DSCN4581.jpg

Speaker holes, on and off switch, charge jack hole, and headphone jack hole.

Anyone have a diagram on re wiring the power and video ports after a basic trim?

Ah, thanks. Is the 3.3v line pointing to that trace?

Yup! Just scratch off a little of that trace and solder to it! Here's another diagram:

- mymixed

What is the best way to cut a d pad hole? I got a new case, an I'm not using any bondo on it.

Rough cut it with a Dremel, then file / sand it down.

Back