N64p Regulator Issue

nterror

2rpthdi.jpg

The Protection Circuit outputs 7.34v without the regulator attached. When I attach my regulator, the circuit only outputs 4.06v, and I get 2.31v from the point which should give me 3.3v. The resistor is 2.16 ohms, but that shouldn't affect the voltage output from the circuit.

The paper is just there to add contrast to the wires and separate them from the wires between the batteries.

Also, for some reason I get the 7.4v out of the P- terminal on the circuit rather than the P+ for some reason, which is why the 7.4v in on the regulator is soldered to the negative terminal on the circuit.

Put a load like a spare LED or motor on it. Most regulators need a load to output the correct voltage.

Didn't work. Most of my LEDs didn't even light up, and the ones that did didn't change anything.

This sounds like not enough amperage, if you are using a wal-wart check the amperage. If you are using batteries IDK whats up.

NTerror7 said:
Also, for some reason I get the 7.4v out of the P- terminal on the circuit rather than the P+ for some reason, which is why the 7.4v in on the regulator is soldered to the negative terminal on the circuit.

You shouldn't be, there's your problem.

SS

SS, I looked back at the circuit and realized I had stuff soldered in backwards and I fixed it. 7.4v started coming from P+, but when I hooked up the regulator, I was getting 1.54v from the batteries.

EDIT: Solved the problem. Issue with my protection circuit; I must've shorted it at some point in time.

When I fixed my hookups, I was getting 7.5, and it wasn't a full charge.

Either way, I ordered a new protection circuit.

Thanks, though!

Back