n64 portable need help!

hey guys i have llipos for my n64 portable and im thinking about setting them in the n64s heatsink in the portable but i wanted to make sure it would be safe so is it?

If possible, keep your batteries farther away from heat sources. I wouldn't personally stack them on top of your heatsink or in them. I would flip the board the other way so that the batteries are facing the back of your board, and your heatsink is facing towards your screen and controls.

I was thinking of doing a similar thing, because it's really the only spot for the batteries to go, would the batteries be ok if I put a thick piece of plastic in between them and the heatsink? Its the original heatsink with the metal cover that goes over the n64 underneath.

zeturi said:
If possible, keep your batteries farther away from heat sources. I wouldn't personally stack them on top of your heatsink or in them. I would flip the board the other way so that the batteries are facing the back of your board, and your heatsink is facing towards your screen and controls.
No heat on batteries. Heat + batteries = death.

My portable isn't dead yet :D. What I would do if you NEED to have your batteries on your HS is play your portable for an hour, measure the temperature, add thirty to that number (because it'll probably be in a case), and then check battery space to see if your battery can handle that temperature. Problem solved! :D.

- mymixed

Back