N64 Laptop Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hifeno

Here is a link to the pictures of my Nintendo 64 Laptop. Me and two friends of mine have been working on this for a little while and finally completed it today.
Check it out and tell me what you think.
http://www.freewebs.com/hifeno/apps/pho ... id=6601914

PICT1146.JPG

Features:
8.5 inch LCD monitor
7.4v Li ion Batteries with built in charger that recharges while playing and charger indicator light. Can get about 6.5 hours of play time Off of batteries with monitor more without.
AV-Out with switch to turn off LCD when hooked to tv
Expansion or Jumper pack capable.
Player 1 and 2 ports
Blue LEDs on Top of unit.
Stereo Speakers, and Headphone jack.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6aHQeFb-ys
This project only cost me $45 to build. $20 for batteries. $20 for screen and $5 for miscellaneous stuff.

Now that, is awesome. :rofl: Looks great! Bet it wasn't too hard putting everything in the case either.

not bad. gotta be careful the case doesn't close while you have a game in, though, 'cause that could wreak havoc on your screen.

grossaffe said:
not bad. gotta be careful the case doesn't close while you have a game in, though, 'cause that could wreak havoc on your screen.
yeah, or some douche doesn't come up and slam it shut on you. :gonk:

That's pretty cool, if a bit (or a lot) minimalistic. How much empty space is there in there?

There was no room left. It looks bigger than it is. with the N64 board in it there was 1 inch of space on either side. thats where the batteries charger circuit and controller ports went. Not to mention the posts to hold the wood on. The screen board in the top was about 1 in top bottom and 1.5 inch bigger side to side. So not much more room. I did originally want to put a super Nintendo in there too. Just not enough room.

so how well does this thing stand up when open? I imagine a lot of weight in the screen area relative to the rest of it.

so, what kinda screen is it? are there moar? how good does it look? is it 4::3: to 16:9 switchable? can i have it? :mrgreen:

Looks pretty snazzy, man! :clap:
banditpaw1 said:
XCVG said:
That's pretty cool, if a bit (or a lot) minimalistic. How much empty space is there in there?

if you have enough ma a slot 4 some games.

Er mybe he coud teac som peopel how 2 ues spel chek :rolls:

samjc3 said:
so, what kinda screen is it? are there moar? how good does it look? is it 4::3: to 16:9 switchable? can i have it? :mrgreen:

It is from a portable dvd player. Looks great. No switching between modes though. No you can not have it but I will sell it to you.

I call BS that you get 6.5 hours of battery life, especially with the expansion pak in there. 6600mah is .6A less than my batteries and I get about 6.5 hours of battery life... :gonk:

Call bull if you want but I know how long it was on for. Unless it draws less power when it is just sitting there not getting played on running title screen. Every battery is different. I don't have four player ports not to mention you could never play four players on that small screen.

Yeah, running on a title screen is not very intensive at all.

Try playing some 4 player perfect dark. ;)

I could see anyone caring that around in a suit, with sunglasses, and then sitting in the middle of a mall and start playing it! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back