My information collection site needs your help!

Kyo

I will be crossposting this on both BH and MR, I hope you guys don't mind;

ANYWAY; Most of you should be aware of my site to some degree by now, because I've done a good job at whoring it out to you.

http://kyorune.com/modding (Yes, it switched domains, but that is irrelevant - the old urls will redirect you.)

I have worked quite a bit on it lately by going around and asking people for their guides (I'm also working on writing some of my own) but basically what I'm trying to do with it is have a central system with all the useful information imaginable in one place, easily accessible, with no images/file links ever dying. I have a fairly large array of articles/guides/diagrams by now but I'm looking to get even more. If any of you want to write/have written a guide (for the forum) - It'd be nice if you would contribute it. Your name and a link of your choice will be put in the copyrights section of the article - free advertisement!

If you want to help, just post here with links to the guides you want to contribute (any format is fine - you can upload them on rapidshare as a word document or just link to a thread on the forum) and tell me it's ok I put them up. You can also just say that it's ok for me to put up any of your stuff and I'll do the rest.

If you have any other suggestions to make the site better please post them as well.

Unfortunately, only the beginner section is finished at this point, which is probably what you are most interested in anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1622

Also, riffle through the wiki. There's probably lots of stuff in there that everyone forgot about a long time ago (~3 months).

Thanks! I'll add it today. I don't know about browsing through the wiki, the stuff belongs to the original authors after all. I know, for example, that bacteria did not want me adding anything of his stuff to my site when I asked him about a year ago. Even though everyone else has been more than happy to help out the site, I still wouldn't want to put anything up that someone doesn't want there.

Kyo said:
Thanks! I'll add it today. I don't know about browsing through the wiki, the stuff belongs to the original authors after all. I know, for example, that bacteria did not want me adding anything of his stuff to my site when I asked him about a year ago. Even though everyone else has been more than happy to help out the site, I still wouldn't want to put anything up that someone doesn't want there.

I wrote about 90% of the wiki, and I think either Basement_Modder or J.D did the rest. If you find an interesting article, just ask about it.

I remember your site helped me a while back, Kyo. Thanks for doing this. Too bad that project is looooong dead by now. :lol:

XCVG said:
I wrote about 90% of the wiki, and I think either Basement_Modder or J.D did the rest. If you find an interesting article, just ask about it.
I guess I'll just check the page history to see who made it.

You can have this:

LiPodiagramPNGwin.png

Made my LoB and I.

It's how to wire up power for pretty much any portable, this is just a 7.2v battery though.

It lets you charge and play the good old fashioned way: using a separate AC adapter. That way you don't *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up your charger or betteries.

SS

If you have a smart charger with a high enough amperage, you won't *Can'tSayThisOnTV* anything up. It'll be ok, and much easier to handle. Good diagram for if you don't though.

ALSO

PALMER IS TAKING PICS SOON

IN AN HOUR AT MAX

OF EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING EVER

GCP

IPOD TOUCH

WII DD

ETC.

Thanks everyone for letting me exploit you. I haven't converted it yet, and I won't do it now because I'm in this state of tiredness that's kind of like being stoned and I'd just screw up

Added everything (except the stuff from the wiki, I'm gonna have to change the format of that first), thanks guys.

Added a bunch of categories & articles and I still have more to add. This is going pretty great, anyone else have something to contribute?

Back