My first portable NES actually finished and working!

Well I've been creeping this forum for a while now and a short time ago i decided i would join up and start making my first portable and here it is.

I used an original NES mobo, rf box, controller and cart slot for all of the internals as well as the original power and reset switches, the audio amp from a set of computer speakers and the speaker from one of those little hamburger amps for your iphone. I managed to pack it all into a zn40 case and it is tighter than Heck in there to be sure.

Couple of features i thought were nice to have is a player 2 port and av ports to plug into a tv for said 2 player action.

Its a bit bulky but after going through two other mobos and one other rf box, along with trial and error with different screen types as i have discovered that any of the modern 16:9 aspect ratio screens dont really work with the nes video output.... it is complete and satisfying.

Well let me know what you think. Thanks guys and gals.

HFFbV3i.jpg

02ooNCx.jpg

w8iXWzA.jpg

9J9EDnN.jpg

CbmUYRL.jpg

Lvvw14c.jpg

Jddy0fy.jpg

pFAZk1m.jpg

Ko2Hruy.jpg

AvO7Nnx.jpg

Not bad actually, I tapered the edges of the case inwards so you have more room for movement and it actually plays quite nice, doesn't hinder gameplay at all.

Back