My first n64p worklog 1/with questions i need answered

Moddedbytj

Link to my worklog video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wmsnh2JGoM

Question one: In the video i ask if i put to much hot glue on the heatsinks i dont think it has any effect on it if i install a fan into my unit which i am.

Question two: the battery on the ps1 screen do i need it? Will the battery thats hooked up to the unit work or do i need to do a mod to the screen if i chop it off? Because i need to cut it off for it to fit into my case.

Moddedbytj

I suggest getting some better heatsinks, hailrazer has some links to good ones. Instead of hotglue, use superglue and heatsink compound stuff to better make the heat travel from the n64 to the heatinks.(much better than the gunk that was on the n64) Make sure to sand a lot, many people don't and it leads to not so nice looking portables compared to some others! Can you take some nice pics of the case and progress?

1. ) Yeah, but it doesn't matter at all really if you have a fan.

2.) I don't think that's a battery, but what do I know? You don't need it if you've done the LED mod.

Note: I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to this stuff, so you should get a second opinion. :)

Edit: Beaten like Ben Linus. I guess I shouldn't have waited for the video to fully load.

For the LED mod, use a way higher resistor value then 10 ohm. Use like 33 or more. Also, I found a great alternate voltage point for LED mods off this big fuse on the board that provides a perfect 2.96v and can be connected directly to the LED's. Will post guide before I ship the QUAD 64 out.

now is there a video of some1 else doing it cuz this is my first portable so i don't really know wut im doing in the modding and where can i buy LEDs from?

Basement_Modder said:
For the LED mod, use a way higher resistor value then 10 ohm. Use like 33 or more. Also, I found a great alternate voltage point for LED mods off this big fuse on the board that provides a perfect 2.96v and can be connected directly to the LED's. Will post guide before I ship the QUAD 64 out.

Do tell.

Also, IIRC the thing at the top of the PSOne screen is a SMT inductor. Then again I don't know for sure, I never took any classes neither did I look this info up before I posted it.

SS

Back