My 2nd Portable [WIP], another GCP

L10N37

Hi guys,

Started work on my 2nd portable, I had a few faulty gamecubes laying around so why not. I want this one to be a lot smaller.

The case measures 158 x 90 x 40mm

The cut is somewhere between a maximum safe cut, and almostwtf cut, but i cut the corner off the power connector too (couldn't be bothered unsoldering any ports). I also JUST managed to keep C74 capacitor on the board, I don't know how anyone gets there cubes running all their iso's without this, mine fell off and it took me a while to figure out why some games weren't full screen or wouldn't load at all! (it gets cut off in the wtf cuts)

Instantly ran into problems with this being a PAL console and different revision to the Cutting guide, Pin 7 ended up being composite video - not pin 9 of the chip in the wtfcut alternate points guide. A lot of other things (alt. points and components) are placed differently too, hoping I don't struggle too much!

I actually bypassed the 12v step down in the screen, that's 5v hooked to the leg of the capacitor :) I only had 360ohm resistors to put between composite video and earth, seems to look ok, but I can experiment later down the track for better picture if need to. Definitely a custom regulator and either 2 top quality 18650's (3400mah each) or a 4000mah turnigy to power this one (7.4v) Hoping I can fit it all in there! (wish me luck)

Anyway I'll keep you's posted with updates (or simply add them to the album).

http://imgur.com/a/YM4a8

Back