My 1st Portable Gamecube

8BrickDMG

Hello there Modretro. For my first post I thought I would share to you all my 1st Portable Gamecube. I started this around late January and I had it finished around April but then I ran into some problems and left it for 2 months unfinished due to studies and I only just finished it recently :)

img0303ct.jpg

The case was designed by myself using AutoCAD and was cut out using a Laser Cutter that was
at the college I was attending, sadly I just finished studying there so I don't have access to one now.

Specs of the Unit:

-4.3inch LCD
-Gamecube Classic Controller
-Internal 1000 Block Memory Card
-Xeno GC Modchip
-Original Bulky Disk Drive
-2w Audio Amp
-Stereo Speakers
-Video and Audio Out
-Headphone Out
-Speaker On/Off Switch
-Internal Player 2 Controller Port

There are no internal batteries unfortunately as there wasn't enough room and not enough
money to afford any :(

Here are some more images, sorry for the quality, they were taken on my Iphone :)

img0305vj.jpg

img0306yk.jpg

Laser etched triforce and Gamecube Logos
img0307tn.jpg

img0308pb.jpg

28173110150237954451364.jpg

20583110150239631326364.jpg

Video and Audio Out works :D
img0299sc.jpg

This was when I was wiring the Audio Amp
img0300fv.jpg

Everything was all wired up and ready to be closed

Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dlth6wKUj0

Pretty nice. The vents are a bit big and show the ugly internals, but other than that, pretty slick.

XCVG said:
Pretty nice. The vents are a bit big and show the ugly internals, but other than that, pretty slick.
There's no such thing as ugly portable internals! This whole thing is just dang pretty!

I'm not gonna lie, it looks big, which is fine for a first portable, but the slick design totally makes up for it!

the triforce etch job alone is worthy of praise. Putting it on a GCP? Well played, sir.

Laser etched details, awesome.

I think you might want to put some sort of screen on those vents though.

SS
Yeah I think I will actually :dah:

Sick looking case man! Nice work.
Thanks Ashen :D

Ver nice. Amazing for a first portable
Thank you :D One of your portables actually inspired me to put the triforce logo on this also ;)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, glad you all like it :ninj:

Back