Mt.Gox went under or something

Is this truly the end of BitCoin? I mean, that's just one exchange that was apparently doing flax wrong.

This isn't really new, they didn't come out and say it directly, but everyone knew for weeks that MtGox wasn't able to pay out. That's why the price didn't crash a second time, it's still at about $560. It'll bounce back like it always does.

Obviously I would have preferred everyone got their money out, but since it happened, good *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing riddance Gox is dead. This certainly isn't the first time they've caused panic or controversy, and it's been a loooong time since they stopped doing proper cash withdrawals anyway, essentially becoming a one-way exchange. That coupled with their flax business practices, evading and straight up lying to everyone during this whole fiasco, and trying to take the entire bitcoin industry down with itself (transaction malleability was a known thing for two *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing years, they had no excuse not to fix the exploit on their site) makes me glad they'll be gone in the long run. Mark Karpeles and the other head honchos should honestly be jailed and their personal stash of bitcoins put towards paying everyone back. *Can'tSayThisOnTV* Mt.Gox.

ProgMetalMan said:
Is this truly the end of BitCoin? I mean, that's just one exchange that was apparently doing flax wrong.

I think people who like their money and don't want to see flax disappear overnight will probably avoid Bitcoin for the time being.

It's all about perspective though. The people who bought in at $2-3 made off big whether bitcoin is at $100 or $1000.

7iAgS.png

And the price barely tanked elsewhere.

Any doubters at this point, I don't even. The blow-out of the biggest exchange didn't scratch it, in fact the rubber-banding is out of control at the moment.

Sucks for people who bought into mt.gox, but whatever.

What ever happened to Gox's "lost" bitcoins? Could that be a security threat?

It's a subponea from the Japanese government(not likely) or the US government (likely). We know the bitcoins haven't gone anywhere, and there's no way they have "lost them".

"Losing them" is the only way to avoid saying the US government is giving them the beat-around behind closed doors.

Back